Thread: Need help.

ashglx

Default Need help.

I just got a baby pacman frog today. When it tries to hop it flips onto its back, and it spins around in a circle. Does anyone know what might be wrong with it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

jjmorton13

Default Re: Need help.

Sounds like it could be anything from a leg or muscle problem (causing only one leg to work properly, resulting in circles) to a neurological problem (the frog can't correctly control its legs.) Could be congenital or damage from a past injury. Sounds like a trip to your local exotics vet to me. Good luck, hope he ends up ok!

ashglx

So he is still jumping onto his back today but somehow made it upright into his water bowl overnight. i guess petco will have a vet look at him within 15 days of the purchase, im gonna give them a call today.

whiffer01

i hope your frog gets better. the vet should be able to figure out whats wrong with him or her.

onedge30

Was the frog recently received by Petco? Was it shipped?

I have seen a few posts like this and they all seem to be newly acquired frogs that have been shipped. It does not seem to affect all the frogs in a shipment. Just a theory I am throwing around.

Personally, I have seen one improve with proper habitat set up and feeding. Could see nothing wrong after several days.

Hope for the best.

ashglx

I'm pretty sure that petco had just got him in. I'm hoping he gets better. I cant get him to eat yet but i did just get him yesterday, so im not worried about that yet.

Also what is the best heating method?

onedge30

I use under the tank heating pad.

jjmorton13

Quote Originally Posted by ashglx View Post
    Also what is the best heating method?
    I also use an under tank heater. It doesn't do much for the ambient air temperature, but keeps the substrate nice and warm.

ashglx

So i got him to eat today, and he seems to be able to turn himself over after he flips onto his back. He is still spinning around though, does anyone else's pacman do that?

Thread Information