Thread: Frog type

whiffer01

Default Frog type

i have a question for all you pacman frog owners. what type would you recomend? and dont just say it, because that shows that you dont have a reason. say what type and why. alos put info, and if posible, a picture.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kevin1

Default Re: Frog type

Just saying what kind doesn't necessarily mean they(we) don't have a reason. It could mean they don't want to elaborate for someone who demands info that is given freely to those who ask nicely.

I'd say an Ornate for someone new to pacmans.

whiffer01

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1 View Post
    Just saying what kind doesn't necessarily mean they(we) don't have a reason.
    your right about that. i hope other people give thier sugestions and you dont really need to put why, just say if they have good colors or eat well and stuff like that.

Greg M

I have had good luck with both C. cranwelli (Cranwell's - regular green, brown or albino pacman frogs) and C. ornata (Ornate) horned frogs. However, I feel that Ornates are the best species to start with because i) they are great eaters, ii) they don't lose/change their color as they mature, iii) they don't seem to burrow as much, iv) they get bigger (could be a plus or a minus, I suppose), and v) some experts feel that they can tolerate somewhat lower temperatures.

John911

Ornata for sure. Our fantasies eat pretty well too...ironic because all of our cranwellis except one are bad eaters.

Greg M

I think I just got lucky with my cranwelli - eats just as well as the ornates... Fed first day from tongs and will eat absolutely anything (roaches, nightcrawlers, crickets, pinkies, fingers, etc.). However, probably the most common problem you hear about [with respect to horned frogs] is getting the cranwelli's to eat...

gtr319

I don't have Ornates so I can't really compare... but both of my carnwelli are doing great and I love them, although my green carnwelli can out eat my albino at any given day...

Thread Information