Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injured White's "Dumpy" Tree Frog!

into

Default Re: Injured White's "Dumpy" Tree Frog!

My whites (Dumper) had a similar but smaller spot (like a pimple) when I first got him. Of course at the time, I didn't think much of it since I had no real experience and Dumper's skin was a wreck. But anyway, it faded away after a couple days but left a permenant white spot that continues to fade where it used to be. His pet store home was terrrible, 6 WTFs in a <5 gallon (dirty) space and I think that may have been part of the cause. Hopefully your whites condition is minor like Dumper's was.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Sounds like you saved yours from a bad situation! That's awesome! We got Andrea (the giant) in a pet store that specializes in reptiles and amphibians, but she was in a tiny enclosure with another white's that had a sore on her lip. We were going to get the other, but the sore made up nervous. When we realized that Andrea (the giant) had a club foot, it was all over! We had to have her!

Kurt

You're welcome.

Nationality
    [Ireland]

Yes you are quite welcome - we'll keep our fingers crossed for her recovery.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Nationality
    [United States]

Talking Re: Injured White's "Dumpy" Tree Frog!

It looks like she's already doing better! Check out the new pic! I posted yesterday's pic too just as a comparison... It looks *SO* much better! Thanks again for all the help! Hopefully she won't be "in the hospital terranium" for too long!

Thanks again!!!

Tiffany
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Nationality
    [Ireland]

You're welcome again! Thanks for the update.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Kurt

I looks like it has cleared and has begun to heal. Just make sure to keep it clean so it doesn't get infected.

Nationality
    [United States]

wow, sorry I just got to this thread, life is busy. I am glad to hear that she is doing better, and that is quite an improvement of her wound! Keep us updated and I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery!
    God bless,

Laura

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Injured Whites "Dumpy" Tree Frog (AGAIN!)

Well, Andrea's cut healed, but now she has this BIG bump on her back! I also found that Willow has what looks like a bite mark on his leg. He's now in the terranium hospital with Sunny who has a bite on her nose! I took everything out of the 40 gal breader tank they were in and now it's down to bare bones. Willow and Sunny like to burrow, so I think the crickets got to them! When I pulled everthing out, there were 4 that had been hiding out. Now I'm afraid to feed my frogs because their food might try to eat them! UG!

Andrea is my main concern. I just don't understand what could have caused this bump! It's growing, but she's acting fine. Basking in the light most of the time, but she moves around just fine, and is eating! She was skinny when we got her, and looks much better now...other than the bump of course. See the pictures below. The only thing I can think that might have hurt her is this: We have 2 smaller terraniums inside the 40 gal breader tank. 1 is the hospital where Willow and Sunshine are, the other houses Rose, she's too small to be with the big frogs yet. Andrea likes to bask in the light on top of the smaller terraniums. When a cricket gets up in the plant, she'll jump to get it, and I wonder if she's hitting the top of the tank (which is wire screen). She doesn't have a cut or anything...I just don't know.

Can ya'll help me out again???

Hopefully after the wedding (less than 2 weeks away) I'll have some time to post pictures of all the frogs so I can brag on them rather than only posting when something's wrong... ug!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Kurt

Default Re: Injured Whites "Dumpy" Tree Frog (AGAIN!)

This is definitely a veterinarian issue. My guess is that its an infection or (and this is a long shot) some sort of parasitic fly larva. She needs to see a vet either way. I would also bring the other two for examination, there maybe be a connection here.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Injured Whites "Dumpy" Tree Frog (AGAIN!)

Hi, I know this is a very old forum but my whites tree frog has a bump on her head identical to your frogs bump...what happened to her? Did you find out what caused the bump?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information