Thread: Pics of Our New Male

Jeff Kennedy

Default Pics of Our New Male

Was lucky to land this guy recently. Was purchased by an experienced keeper as a wild caught, African import when he was just 2". The previous owner put him through all the proper parasite and chytrid treatments and provided him with an optimum diet for several years. It is nice to finally welcome some "wild" bloodline to our army of Pyxie's!! This guy measures 8" and weighs in at 2lbs. 4.5 oz.

This pic was taken by the previous owner when he was younger. I just happen to love it so I included it.

Pics that we took the other day after we gave him several days to settle in.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kevin1

Default Re: Pics of Our New Male

Holy S*** that's Sloppy Joe!!!! Congrats!
    A While back Ed Clark imported some from a ranch in South Africa. Matt bought Sloppy Joe from him I believe. Many of these ranched adspersus were dark brownish as juvis. Ed Clark was trying to market them as a desirable trait.

jelkins

That is an impressive pixie...
    Being as hot and humid as it gets in Inidana and KY during the summer months I believe you will have great breeding success with these frogs in a captive, outdoor enclosure.

onedge30

His color is PERFECT!!! What a great get. Congrats!!

Jeff Kennedy

Thanks guys!! We had to shell out a little more then you typically would for him, but it was worth it beings that he already seems to have a reputation in the hobby. Kevin, as far as Ed Clark trying to market them, I can tell you that for sure, the African bloodline has a whole different look to it then the normal CB's. Slop maintains a very menacing look on his face throughout most of the day and his teeth are easily double that of our adult CB's.

Kevin1

Very cool Jeff. I've seen a few imports with massive heads too. I seen a pic of Slop's brother he was just as massive. So again Congrats on this beast.

Is he your biggest frog now?

WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE LOL!
    thats really cool if you get an albino please dont market them really really highly priced
    African Bullfrogs, Clawed Frogs, Salamanders, Newts, Bearded Dragons,

Adrian

Very nice frog congrats hope u enjoy him and try to breed!

Jeff Kennedy

Kevin: Yes he is our biggest.

Everyone else: Thanks alot! He is a beast and we love having him. This is the first monster that I have received that actually tore apart the inside of the box. When I opened it up, their was shredded styrofoam everywhere where he had been thrashing around inside during shipment.

whod you get him from

Jeff Kennedy

A fellow collector that was big in the hobby a couple years back but has since moved on to other things. Slop was the last of his collection to go and for good reason. He was really passionate when speaking about Slop and it showed in his care. He is a prime specimen if I have ever saw one.

they kinda look like romans

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by willtilian View Post
    they kinda look like romans
    lol ya

Jace

Wow, Jeff-he is an absolute gorgeous brute!! I don't know who is luckier: you for getting him, or him for having you as a new owner!! Enjoy and share lots of pics with the rest of us whenever you get the chance!!

Beardo

Looks like he is settling in very well.....he's even more impressive in person!

John911

That thing looks so serious! I'm gonna go back to being in denial that both juvies we have are females lol.

jaguilar15

That is a nice looking frog. Esp. in the first pic

Eel Noob

Grats on the new pickup, he's a beast for sure. I like that second photo, shows off his head profile very well.

whiffer01

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kennedy View Post
    Was lucky to land this guy recently. Was purchased by an experienced keeper as a wild caught, African import when he was just 2". The previous owner put him through all the proper parasite and chytrid treatments and provided him with an optimum diet for several years. It is nice to finally welcome some "wild" bloodline to our army of Pyxie's!! This guy measures 8" and weighs in at 2lbs. 4.5 oz.

This pic was taken by the previous owner when he was younger. I just happen to love it so I included it.

Pics that we took the other day after we gave him several days to settle in.

really nice frog. im not really a big pixie fan, im more of a pacman frog kind of guy, but this frog got me interested in these beasts. awesome frog.

Thread Information