Thread: 5.5 gallon and 20extra high frog types?

Zero138

Default 5.5 gallon and 20extra high frog types?

OK so i have currently a 5.5 gallon that i dont want to go to waste and would love to frog it... any suggestions? Also I will be getting a 20 extra high 10.5w24h20L if this 5.5 cant house even a single frog. that being said what frogs could i keep in both? i would love 2 frog setups! please let me know what you think. Im really looking into Clown or Red eyes. However My options are open. I was wanting to keep some smaller frogs so i could have multiple to observe and care for ( i know alot of these i wont see doing anything ) and i was wondering what frogs i should look into. Im a first time frogger and these will be added to my collection, i do have reptiles so im not new to exotics. I really want to set up a partial water tank and would love to heavily plant, so im hoping this will help balance out the spacial limits.
    These two sizes are all i have to work with due to the area i want to display the tank. only these will fit. Anyway I was told by a local petshop that is the EXPERT on everything that i could keep 3-5 dart frogs in a 5.5 gallon. I no longer think they are the experts on exotics anymore, correct me if im wrong. I would love dart frogs.
    So with all that being said I was told by some members on this forum that I MAY be able to keep 1-2 clown frogs in a 5.5 but keep in mind this user was using an educated guess so if they are wrong no negative comments. Either way there is a reptile Expo in Portland Oregon on the 22nd and i really want to pick up my frogs by then, i am fully aware that i will not be able to handle most frogs in the smaller category but please leave the frogs you suggest and if they are handleable. Not that it matters but still i wanna know. if you could toss an average price in there too i would be most grateful.
    Thanks again,
    Brandon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: 5.5 gallon and 20extra high frog types?

The only species that I would be comfortable housing long-term in a tank that small is one or two African dwarf frogs. Do you have any interest in them?

Zero138

None at all

How about the 20x high?

Kurt

There is no way three darts can live peacefully in a 5.5. Clown tree frogs will do ok, but a taller tank would be better. I keep bumblebee toads in a 5.5 and they dissappear into it.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Are you wanting something more exotic? (I ask because you mention dart frogs). If not, green tree frogs would do very well in the 20. I have 2 in a 10 gallon, and I can see clearly that they'd prefer a taller tank, so I'm gonna fix up my old cracked 29 galllon, might make it vertical.

bshmerlie

A single clown would probably work although it would be better with a taller tank. They do require small crickets though.

Zero138

Thanks so much everyone I've decided to put one bumblebee toad pair in my tank! Thanks everyone!

Leefrogs

Here is the post

Leefrogs

Talking Re: 5.5 gallon and 20extra high frog types?

a Internet miricle, everything that's said is coinveinantly avaiible fir further referance. Now can we all stop repeating ourselves

bshmerlie

Read it again I don't see this as anything different than what I have been saying. If the person is going to put a frog in a 5 gallon tank the better choice would be the clown over the red eye. And as I said a TALLER tank would be better. Pulling this post up twice only makes you look liken ***.

Leefrogs

the girls has taller Eco terra this person never specified dem, -and u didn't go off on this person but u did the other. U just copy whosever post u follow. It's it opionon what u look like

Zero138

Not sure what everyone is arguing about but I went ahead and got pacific chours frogs and have a 20g tank! Thanks for all the help though.

Leefrogs

oh sorry, someone asking same question u had and I used this thread as a refrence as to what can go in thief 7.8 gal since kurt has made suggestions. Sorry if this made u feel bad, and I see how confusing it would be to get alert. Again SORRY zero138.

lnaminneci

Quote Originally Posted by Zero138 View Post
    Not sure what everyone is arguing about but I went ahead and got pacific chours frogs and have a 20g tank! Thanks for all the help though.
    You will LOVE your Pacific Chorus frogs! I have 4. Did you wild catch yours?

~Lesley

Thread Information