Thread: Not eating again

Digital

Default Not eating again

My frog is not eating again, I'm trying not to freak out, lol. So I figure I should ask this question on here. So my pac man frog hasn't eaten for like 2 weeks now and it's been getting very cold at night around 45-50F ( i live in cali the coldest it usually gets is 60F). So is this normal behavor for them? I'm kinda in the process of moving so, I don't have my space heater out, so his tank might be getting colder then normal. But I do have a heat lamp on for him. So will the weather change make him not want to eat? Also is it safe for him to go without eating this long?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Greg M

Default Re: Not eating again

Hi!

You probably know all this, but anyway...

What are your tank temps during the day and at night? IMHO, the daytime temp should be mid 80's F and the nightime shouldn't be much lower than 70 F. My horned frogs (ornate and Cranwell's) are at 84 - 85 F daytime and 72 F at night, and are aggressively (!!!) hungry. Too long at low temp and your frog won't properly digest his/her food, and simply won't be very hungry. I think if you correct your temp, their appetites will rebound. Personally, I use a low-wattage ceramic heater as suggested by Frank Indiviglio as the heat source, although there seem to be many successful heating strategies (low-wattage incandescent bulbs, heat-mats, space heaters, etc.)...

Thread Information