Thread: Cuban Treefrogs (Osteopilus septentrionalis)

TheBambooGoanna

Default Cuban Treefrogs (Osteopilus septentrionalis)

(At the moment these are the only pictures of any of my frogs that I have. I have a camera but no memory card but I should be getting one soon, then I can photo spam with pictures of all my frogs)

These are some old pics (from last summer) of my Cuban Treefrogs, Winky and Zuma. They are both adult females of unknown age.

Winky came from a hoarder and suffers from Corneal Lipidosis as a result. The condition immediately stabilized upon being given proper care. She is constantly being monitored for signs of stress and failure to thrive but she has been doing just fine for as long as I've had her

Zuma was found in a local Wal-Mart, presumably an accidental hitch-hiker on one of the plants that are shipped up from Central and Southern America. Due to lack of space and resources, she was placed with Winky.

I was tempted to separate them (nobody knows more then me how voracious a frog's appetite can be, especially the infamous Cuban Treefrog's lol) but they actually do well together. Zuma is extremely tolerant of Winky's occasional clumsiness and Winky seems to enjoy having an extra set of eyes. It's quite interesting to see these girls interact.

I don't like playing favorites with my animals but I would have to say that these girls are very special to me

Enjoy!

Zuma

Winky

A very bad sequence of Zuma shedding. I took these really fast and without the flash so as not to scare her. The pics are pretty bad quality but I find them interesting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Cuban Treefrogs (Osteopilus septentrionalis)

I'd have to say Zuma is the most beautiful Cuban Treefrog I've ever seen! Great pics!

TheBambooGoanna

Thank you! She also the most personable of the two. Winky is quite nervous (presumably because she feels at a disadvantage from being half-blind) but Zuma is actually extremely tame. She has even been know to shamelessly beg when food is involved lol! I can't wait to try and catch her doing it on film haha!

Nationality
    [South Africa]

Hahahaha, our presidents last name is Zuma and he looks like a frog as well:-)

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by TheBambooGoanna View Post
    Thank you! She also the most personable of the two. Winky is quite nervous (presumably because she feels at a disadvantage from being half-blind) but Zuma is actually extremely tame. She has even been know to shamelessly beg when food is involved lol! I can't wait to try and catch her doing it on film haha!
    You are very welcome! I hope you get that begging behavior on film, that will be really interesting to see !

MaraBird

Do Zuma's pupils always look look that? Maybe it's the light difference, but my guys always have very large pupils. Was her lighting very bright?

Thread Information