Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People and frogs

jaguilar15

Default People and frogs

So i tell people i have frogs, they say why a frog? Why not a lizard? does anyone else get this type of reaction from people that do not collect reptiles? I think it's funny in my opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

onedge30

Default Re: People and frogs

Yep, all the time. Try telling them you have pet roaches!!! LOL

(and I see, another thread. Hmmm, how many more today? )

Kevin1

HAHAHAHA I got much much worse comments than that. Most people cringe at the sight of my pets.

onedge30

Oops, sorry Jaguilar. I meant to pick on Roman for another post!!! I was telling him that he was trying to fill the first page with all his posts!! Just got confused.

bshmerlie

Most people just give you that dumb look, "Why would you want to keep frogs as pets?" I don't usually try to explain unless they seem remotely interested in them. Which most aren't.

jaguilar15

haha @ jeff it's fine i get it. Yeah I get comments like "EWWWW" I don't know what's wrong with frogs? People think they are slimey and nasty feeling. No one understands the obsession with frogs! haha

well thank god my mom didn't tell me to get rid of my frogs. she walked into my room and both frogs escaped and started lunging at my moms feet she freaked and ran. I thought it was funny. and im talking pixies
    African Bullfrogs, Clawed Frogs, Salamanders, Newts, Bearded Dragons,

TheBambooGoanna

Haha yes and I don't get it. I have lots of, what many people would think of as, "weird" pets but the ones that get the most confused looks are always my frogs lol!

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I get this all the time, the main one i always get is 'why frogs'. Whenever i go to the pet shop to get the food i always get asked 'is it for a lizard?' im like nope a frog I dont care though i take pride in my love for frogs!

Roman

My girlfriend hates them and always calls them "slimey". Ive showed her over and over again that they are not but, then she switches to her other complaint. " I just don't know if its gonna jump on my or not, freaks me out!" I hate preconceptions... But, it works out cuz, she wont come into my "frog room", gives me a place to be alone to think. And post on frog Forum of course. lol

jaguilar15

haha yeah everyone says, "Why frogs?" I really do not care what people say, i just think it's a funny reaction. There was a moment i have caught my girlfriend poking at my frogs but with a piece of plastic. I was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? and told her not to do it again. i felt bad for my frog =/.

Malachi

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    My girlfriend hates them and always calls them "slimey". Ive showed her over and over again that they are not but, then she switches to her other complaint. " I just don't know if its gonna jump on my or not, freaks me out!" I hate preconceptions... But, it works out cuz, she wont come into my "frog room", gives me a place to be alone to think. And post on frog Forum of course. lol
    Most people that ask me WHY, either don't know me well or are from an older frugal generation.

My fiancée love my frogs even my big ol male pixie. She is not a fan of live feedings however.
    Most girls like my pacman frogs but are very apprehensive about the bullfrog, esp when he lunges at them through the glass!

Kevin1

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post

haha NICE

It's a shame how people are, with their prejudice thoughts. If you ask me though, I think compared to other animals were the strangest, weirdest, and ickyist of them all.

EpicFrogMan

I used to catch frogs when i was 8 years old in the creek so its in my nature and alot of people know my love for reptiles and amphibians.

However there are alot of people who are in absolute shock when i show them that i have a bunch of fat frogs with big mouths that just sit there. They like my bearded dragons,geckos,birds, and fish more.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

whenever i show people a photo of my frogs i get "thats a wierd looking frog" people who aren't into them that much seem to also think all frogs look the same! Anybody else get that? But i agree with Malachi, people who don't know me as well think its wierd, my boyfriend goes along with it because he's a big animal lover and my best friend thinks its cool and the older generation dont understand it, my grandad cant understand why a girl would love frogs liek i do. End of day its just me and my hobby

Nationality
    [New Zealand]

Yes..I get people laughing at me..then I try to explain why and they come around a little..but then I go and mention the Locusts and that's it. Its the look I get..they think im nuts.

Animalnstinct

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1 View Post
    HAHAHAHA I got much much worse comments than that. Most people cringe at the sight of my pets.
    Same here. I've gotten some really nasty responses from people on my collection of critters. Such as being called a freak and what not.

However, I think the dumbest one I got was from a girl I was best friends with for years since we were in grade school and when I moved to canada and came back down with more of a collection she actually had a talk with me.

She nicely let me know I was starting to make her nervous because of the nerd / freak I was becoming for having such "strange" pets. She told me it was very un-lady like of me, which I just laughed at her because there is tons of girls in the hobby. Maybe not out here in this little town, but there are tons everywhere else.

When I explained to her that basically she was an idiot she went as far as even picking out my selection of tv shows like watching DBZ and how I should be more interested in spending my young years in the clubs and bars. What can i say, I'm still a kid at heart and love cute pets and cartoons lol.

We no longer talk to each other.

yikes! well i took my frog to the vet for a checkup it was a pyxie and a little girl said omg how can you do that to your frog its sooooo fat! and i was like lol (my pyxie isnt overwieght
    African Bullfrogs, Clawed Frogs, Salamanders, Newts, Bearded Dragons,

Kevin1

Quote Originally Posted by Animalnstinct View Post
    Same here. I've gotten some really nasty responses from people on my collection of critters. Such as being called a freak and what not.

However, I think the dumbest one I got was from a girl I was best friends with for years since we were in grade school and when I moved to canada and came back down with more of a collection she actually had a talk with me.

She nicely let me know I was starting to make her nervous because of the nerd / freak I was becoming for having such "strange" pets. She told me it was very un-lady like of me, which I just laughed at her because there is tons of girls in the hobby. Maybe not out here in this little town, but there are tons everywhere else.

When I explained to her that basically she was an idiot she went as far as even picking out my selection of tv shows like watching DBZ and how I should be more interested in spending my young years in the clubs and bars. What can i say, I'm still a kid at heart and love cute pets and cartoons lol.

We no longer talk to each other.
    Sounds like your ex-best friend needs to jump off a bridge HAHAHAHA. Let's see spend time in a hobby that's an interesting, productive, learning experience or go get drunk and roofied at the club..HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. The world is full of people like that,, afraid to think for themselves. My grandfather has been saying for years-"time to thin the herd" .
    The best thing we can do is teach our kids that animals have just as much a right to be here as any of us.

Chomp

Alot of people think frogs are slimy and give you warts.. Its really sad they dont get more love!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information