Thread: Zoos breeding Pyxicephalus adspersus?

onedge30

Default Zoos breeding Pyxicephalus adspersus?

I am asking if anyone has heard of zoos that have successfully bred Giant Bullfrogs?

Or is the only breeder in the whole country The Frog Ranch?

Any thoughts? I know that Philippe de Vosjoli has in the past, but others? A Robert Barnes?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Zoos breeding Pyxicephalus adspersus?

how is yours going? im still waiting for that group pic lol
    African Bullfrogs, Clawed Frogs, Salamanders, Newts, Bearded Dragons,

onedge30

I am sitting on pins and needles waiting until the end of Feb to wake the sleeping beauties!!!! Imagine to have your whole collection asleep under the substrate where you cannot see them for 2-3 months!! You have no idea what could be happening.

I promise groups photos and even video, once they are all up and about. I would be great to see 12-14 10 gal tanks with frogs all croaking!! Or them all together in an outdoor pool croaking. I can't wait.

So, in my stir crazy waiting, I am still searching all the aspects of breeding of these or similar frogs. I am even reading into understanding genetics. How long would I have to breed to break 'albino' out? What are the odds? Who knows.

Still need a few more adult males over a year old. These would round out the numbers I have.

Thanks for asking.

i would love a albino!

jaguilar15

Quote Originally Posted by onedge30 View Post
    I am sitting on pins and needles waiting until the end of Feb to wake the sleeping beauties!!!! Imagine to have your whole collection asleep under the substrate where you cannot see them for 2-3 months!! You have no idea what could be happening.

I promise groups photos and even video, once they are all up and about. I would be great to see 12-14 10 gal tanks with frogs all croaking!! Or them all together in an outdoor pool croaking. I can't wait.

So, in my stir crazy waiting, I am still searching all the aspects of breeding of these or similar frogs. I am even reading into understanding genetics. How long would I have to breed to break 'albino' out? What are the odds? Who knows.

Still need a few more adult males over a year old. These would round out the numbers I have.

Thanks for asking.
    If you are able to breed them correctly, would be be willing to sell some babies? Your breeding them in a pool?

Kevin1

I would get some fresh blood out of africa if I wanted albinos. I'm sure if the frog ranch's frogs had an albino gene it would be out and commercialized by now.

are there regular adpersuses from botswana? like chubbs?

Kevin1

I'm not sure. It probably varies from pan to pan.

Thread Information