Hi.

i was wondering if anyone could maybe shed some light on the very sudden death of my Red eye.

I bought it on Xmas eve (Friday) for my Girlfriend and its dead today (Monday).

I had set up the Exo terrarium kit after a thorough clean with bottled water and had adjusted the temperature and humidity accordingly.

On purchase it just had one eye open for the trip home. Which I thought was strange.

I took him upstairs and placed the plastic tub he came in into the terrarium. He gingerly climbed out and sat by the the water dish. So far so good.

I placed 2 wax worms in with him as the pet shop was out of crickets. I left him be for a while to settle in. I cam back 30 mins later and he was still sittting in the same position . He then made an effort to climb the glass but just kept slipping down.

The waxworms had not been touched.

Its not really done much other than just stay pretty much in the same place for 2 days. It can see food but wouldn't eat it.

Then today i had a look in and all was fine.Ten mins later it was laying sprawled out on the ground with its mouth open . I looked to see if it was breathing but couldn't see its body moving.

I gently nudged him but no response. I got him out and there were no signs of life.

Im totally gutted. More than my girlfried who it was for. I spent a lot of time reseaching this and setting it up trying not to alert my GF of her Xmas present

I had done my homework and knew then had to have the right environment.

What I'm trying to ascertain now is if the blame lies with me be it humidity or temperature was wrong or the pet shop has sold me an ill frog.

I'm using an exo terra rainforest kit .The humidity was at 75% and the temp was 74 c
which from my research is OK.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated