Hi all New to the site, and frogs!

Picked up some baby RETF's yesterday, currently keeping them in a small 35.6 x 23.4 x 22.8 cm GEO tank. Small i know, but so are the frogs!

The tank is set up with moss substrate, a small water dish (big enough to comfortably bathe) some small pieces of wood for climbing and a large fern plant. (Live)

Equipment wise, i've got an exo terra clamp lamp with a 15W daylight bulb, which emits somewhat heat. The main heat source is a microclimate heat mat, its mounted on the outside rear wall and it measures 7" x 12". For humidity I have a Repti fogger, which is on timer to come on for a short period of time each hour. The humidity in the tank is around 90-80 %.

So my first question is.. Is this setup good/correct?

My main question is regarding the heatmat. Does it make any difference whatsoever which way round the heatmat goes? Is there a correct way round to have it e.g. can it be upside down? By this i mean does the mat in effect have a warmer side? It's difficult for me to put into words exactly what i mean but hopefully you will understand

The reason I ask this is that i am concerned about my temperatures. I am struggling to get them above 23 C which seems a little cold for the frogs. I was more hoping to aim for 25-27C...

For the record, the frogs slept well all through yesterday, and came out at night and soaked in the water. They seemed really active, hunting for the small locusts. And they are sleeping now as I type.

Thanking you all in advance for your help. Been floating around here for a few days now and I really like the site, hoping to become a regular member, and maybe one day answer someone else's questions!

Thanks again

James