Thread: Water area

davjan1010

Default Water area

Do I need a water area for my grey tree frog he gets misted morning and night just wondering if I need to switch to a different set up

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Iratus ranunculus

Default Re: Water area

I would have one. These guys like (as far as my experience in the field is concerned) fairly wet forests. I have mine in an exo-terra with half the bottom set up as a water area, with the entire volume of the rest planted with pothos and covered in moss.

4. This member thanks Iratus ranunculus for this post:

davjan1010

thanks thats what i needed to know ill have to get by with my setup i have now for a bit he seeems ok i see where he has been going potty lol and the crickets seem to be disipering and im not finding any dead crickets but i will change my set up asap thanks again for your reply

davjan1010

i have made changes in my set up. i changed out the substrate for proper drainage and a layer of carbon to help with any odor.and a layer of natural moss i had growing in my yard. i modifyed a dome light to have heat, light and ventilation its a rough draft but it has been working great. and i have the one that has a dimmer so i can regulate it with a 25w bulb (night blue) and the way i built the hood it stays about 73 to 78 deg depending where he is in there i will build proper looking top and mount this light fixture into it later i have also added two water areas to better suit this type of tree frog hope i am moving in the right direction it seems to be getting better please dont hold back any opinions for they will only prove to better my grey tree frogs life thank you..

Thread Information