Thread: Brown-Spotted Running Frog isn't eating :(

CaptainMorgantown

Default Brown-Spotted Running Frog isn't eating :(

Hello!

I didn't know which category my running frog would go in, but if I have to move this somewhere else, just let me know

Anyway, my brown-spotted running frog, Macadoodle, has recently not been eating at all. She is usually a pretty big eater, but she hasn't even shown interest in food for about two weeks now, and it's starting to worry me. Nothing has really changed for her, environment wise, but about two months ago her roommate passed away That was so long ago, I doubt if that has anything to do with it, but that is the only thing that has changed with her.

Also, everything I read about these frogs talks about how big they are, and my frog doesn't look like she has grown since I got her. I asked my friend that works at the pet store I bought her from to come over to look at her, and she said the ones that are in the store are bigger than she is. She still acts the same, she still comes out at night, but she just won't eat. I really can't afford to take her to the vet, so I was wondering if you guys could give me advice, or tell me what could be wrong with her because I'm at a loss right now.

Oh, and she is my avatar, but if you want more pics, I can do that too. She really doesn't look any different though.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Vermfly

Default Re: Brown-Spotted Running Frog isn't eating :(

I would spend a little money on a fecal exam. If the tankmate died it could be possible that they were both infected with some sort of parasite.

CaptainMorgantown

I didn't get her tankmate when I got her, I had already had the tankmate for about a year when I got Mac. I think that the tankmate died of old age to be honest because they aren't supposed to live for too long, and she was really big when I got her.

I literally have no money at all right now. I'm in college, and it's the end of the semester, so I won't have anymore money until I get my refund check in at the end of January.

Kurt

If they were housed together, then I would definitely get her/him checked out by a veterinarian. See if you can find a wildlife vet to help you out.

Thread Information