Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guy feeds his pixie a chameleon

Myles

Default Guy feeds his pixie a chameleon

WARNING LIVE FEED: This cant be good for his frog i was just looking at vids and came upon this YouTube - Pyxie frog eats chameleon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tony

Default Re: Guy feeds his pixie a chameleon

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    WARNING LIVE FEED: This cant be good for his frog i was just looking at vids and came upon this YouTube - Pyxie frog eats chameleon
    Probably healthier than the rodent-heavy diet most people give them.

4. This member thanks Tony for this post:

bshmerlie

What a stupidly expensive dinner. Are puppies and kittens next? Things like this turn me off from the pacman community. Chameleons are cool and should be respected.

EpicFrogMan

I used to own a vieled! I could probably feed certain frogs or anoles to a bullfrog but not a chameleon.

Myles

the funny thing is the kid brags that there only 50$ and it was basicaly his pet and he fed it to his pixie

Kevin1

Like Tony said that chameleon is more nutritionally ideal for the frog. If it was captive bred there shouldn't be any problems feeding it. If it were wild there's always the chance of introducing parasites and other potentially harmful organisms into the frog.

bshmerlie

I'm not talking about nutritional value.

bshmerlie

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    the funny thing is the kid brags that there only 50$ and it was basicaly his pet and he fed it to his pixie
    Yeah, and when he's bored and done with his pixie he's going to probably feed it to his dog. This kid shouldn't own pets.

Kurt

What a ****ing *******!!! This is all done for the entertainment value of some sick individual. It angers me quite a bit, and if I could I would feed this guy to a saltie or a tiger, either or will work.

poison beauties

I understand the issues everyone take with feeding. But it is the natural food chain. Pacman's Pixie's and Bull Frogs all eat a varied diet in the wild. Everything from insects, fish, lizards, snakes, birds, and other amphibians, The way he went about it yes hes an *** but its no differently than they way I had to feed my King Cobras snakes as an all rat diet was not natural or even healthy for them. Same go's for the parsons Chams I had. They have a natural diet of many little critters as they are very large Chams.

Michael

13. 2 members thank poison beauties for this post:

Malachi

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    Yeah, and when he's bored and done with his pixie he's going to probably feed it to his dog. This kid shouldn't own pets.
    this, i fear for the frog.

Kevin1

I feel the same way Mike does on the subject. A varied diet is good for all living things. Nature has no remorse.

Who are we to say one life form is better than another?
    The vid was probably posted for shock value this I know but what gives a chameleon more a right to live than a cricket? or fungi? or anything else. This is something that deeply bothers me about mankind.

16. This member thanks Kevin1 for this post:

Eel Noob

Just wanna point out that his waterdish looks a tad bit too high and dirty.

18. This member thanks Eel Noob for this post:

Malachi

I think this speaks more to who the actual human is. I know I could never just watch one of my little pets get crunched on you tube. He lacks a certain empathy and I think thats what makes it an uncomfortable video.

While I would find a video in nature of a pixie eating a chameleon interesting.

Did he say this is pet or just was purchased to feed?

I think it has nothing to do with nutritional value, nor anything to do with the dinner being a chalmeon. The disturbing thing is that he fed one pet to another (if it was his pet). As someone said before, I am afraid for the frog. Even if he doesn't feed it to another animal, it would be easier for me to assume that he doesn't take very much care of his pets.

I'm surprised he picked a chalmeon though; we sell them for $120. Even if it was only $50, that's more than I've ever paid for a meal for myself.

Tony

I am in full agreement with Kevin on this one. While I think it is immature and perhaps an indication of a disturbed individual to post "Frog VS _______" videos for shock value, there is nothing inherently wrong with feeding one animal to another in a humane way, regardless of the species involved or their intended purpose (pet or feeder).

I suspect that people would have more success with challenging species (C. cornuta comes to mind) if they were able to move past this irrational value system and feed a diet that includes other frogs or reptiles when appropriuate.

22. This member thanks Tony for this post:

bshmerlie

Quote Originally Posted by 1beataway View Post
    I think it has nothing to do with nutritional value, nor anything to do with the dinner being a chalmeon. The disturbing thing is that he fed one pet to another (if it was his pet). As someone said before, I am afraid for the frog. Even if he doesn't feed it to another animal, it would be easier for me to assume that he doesn't take very much care of his pets.

I'm surprised he picked a chalmeon though; we sell them for $120. Even if it was only $50, that's more than I've ever paid for a meal for myself.
    This is my point exactly. He has no concern for his pets and should not be allowed to have them. This has nothing to do with nutritional value. I have no problem if a frog eats another frog, chameleon, or what ever. It is about that he was done with one pet and simply disposed of it. You can't tell me he went out and paid at least $50 bucks for a feeder. If that was the case we would not be having this conversation. Its not that it was a chameleon but it was more than likely a pet that he "threw" away. He's a sick individual and he will definately have trouble with relationships as an adult. He is "the" problem with our society. He has no consideration for other living things and I would hate to see what happens to the frog when he is done with it. I'm sure at some point we'll be able to see that on you tube as well , along with his snuff and rape videos when he becomes an adult and moves up to more gratifying experiences. Don't you wish it was possible to follow young people like this as they grow up and see how they turn out as adults? Better yet pluck them out of society at an early age and feed them to an alligator...you know...for the nutritional value.

poison beauties

The price of the feeder shouldn't come into play.Ive had to buy fifty dollar piglets to feed to pythons and my coral snakes and cobras ate snakes I could have sold for 10-20 bucks. The way he went about it is the only thing I see wrong. Yes the cham was probably a pet but its still in the natural order for that frog to eat lizards and anything else they can get in their mouths. I personally would have sold the cham and bought a bunch of feeders for the frog. That is where he went wrong. This was done for the reactions your giving, Personally there has been a time or two where I did not have the funds to feed as much as I should have so I started feeding from the hundreds of T slings I had. Feeding 50 dollar tarantula spiderlings to frogs and geckos is also within the natural order.

Michael

You said you "had to buy" the more expensive food. I assume because you have larger snakes, and they require larger foods. I see no problem with that at all. But in the case of the pixie, he could have gotten a large amount of food for the amount chameleon cost. So if anything, it just seems a waste, and that's why I mentioned cost. It's not like he had to spend that much on one meal for his pet.

And I had no problem watching a frog eat a lizard. I grew up watching Discovery. It's just the mistreatment of a pet that bugs me.

poison beauties

I agree. I did say it was an attempt to cause this kind of reaction.

Michael

27. This member thanks poison beauties for this post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information