Thread: Red eyed tree frog Questions!

redeyedboy25

Default Red eyed tree frog Questions!

Hey guys I am getting 4 RETF from reptilesncritters. I was wondering if they are a good website to order from? I would also like to pick the gender of the frog too if any one knows a better site besides rainforestjunkys. I am getting 2 males and 2 females would that be a good breeding group if I decide to breed them? I was also wonder if this tank in the video would be good. Is there anything else I need to add? The tank size is a 18x18x24. Thanks guys!
    YouTube - UPDATED Vivarium

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

kiwibaby

Default Re: Red eyed tree frog Questions!

I've never really used an online source for any of my frog needs so I can't help you there.

Before I give you other advice I should say I am not a red eye expert, only an owner so I would be sure to get any info I say confirmed by another more knowledgeable member haha. It looks like the site you want to order them from sells them as babies and red eyes are very hard to sex when young because many of their gender indicators appear as they grow larger and into adulthood. Also, I hear red eye females like to have a choice of mates so a male heavy group is preferred when trying to breed. If you do happen to get to pick the gender maybe a 3-1 male to female ratio might be better, though you may not find any trouble breeding with 2 of each either. (Again, please get this information confirmed by another member!)

Also an 18x18x24 tank should provide enough room for 4 of these guys.

bshmerlie

Is that your tank or just the kind of tank you're going to get?

redeyedboy25

Hey cheri this tank is how I would like to setup it up.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by redeyedboy25 View Post
    Hey cheri this tank is how I would like to setup it up.
    There is way too much water in that tank for red eyes, not to mention the inappropriate mix of species.

redeyedboy25

Hey Tony! Im am just putting red eyes in there. I will have water area like that but it will be smaller, Do you think they will all do good in that type of tank. I will have alot of things they can climb out of too! Thanks

kiwibaby

Look at Cheri's photo album. The one with her red eyes has pictures of her tank which has a large water feature and she said the red eyes do great in there and love to sit by the waterfall.

Thread Information