Thread: Probably paranoid WTF owner - change in habits

amisbeef

Default Probably paranoid WTF owner - change in habits

I have a young Australian Whites Tree Frog who is acting strangely compared to his normal behaviour; my boyfriend tells me I'm just being paranoid and I hope he's right!
    My frog is usually up and moving about from around 8 at night when It's dark until around 6am when it gets lighter. He spends a few hours in his pool when he's awake but not all the time he's awake.
    I woke up late for my 9o'clock lecture and Sid is still soaking in his pool, which I find strange because he doesn't spend hours on end in his pool usually, nevermind still being up when there is sunlight streaming through the window! He's usually a gorgeous greeny blue, but looked very pale this morning too.
    As I said, I hope to God I'm paranoid but is there any following behaviour I should look out for which could show a problem?

Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rocko

Default Re: Probably paranoid WTF owner - change in habits

Mine has started being up when I wake up, I don't think that alone is a big deal. Does it eat still? What humidity do you have for the tank?

It could be nothing, but it could also indicate that the humidity is not high enough or that he's having trouble getting things moving, digestion-wise. Is he still in the bowl? What is the humidity? What is your substrate? When was the last time you fed him? What do you feed him?

There's ways to fix those things, but hopefully he's just playing a cruel trick on you, as frogs sometimes do. I once lifted my water bowl to find one of my White's upside down and sporting a horrid color and thought he was dead, only to find out later he liked laying upside down under the water dish.

amisbeef

Well he did eat earlier, had a small cricket which is good. He's still up now which is a bit odd still but he's out his dish.
    Humidity is practically always in the green on my Exo Terra hygrometer which is just as it should be right?
    He eats brown crickets, earthworms and the odd waxworm. He's got coco substrate with a bit of orchid bark in his foliage bit of his terrarium and moss on top of the coco under his bark hiding bit, could mean he's ingested some substrate but I usually watch him when he hunts and haven't seen anything but you never know.

He's big enough to handle earthworms? He sounds big.

There's a chance he ingested some moss, but it sounds like you keep a close eye, and if he isn't spending all his time in the water and he's eating, I wouldn't worry. Sometimes something environmental will just switch up their routine for a little bit.

Thread Information