Thread: My baby frog died

Rocko

Default My baby frog died

My baby whites was found deceased today when I got home from work. I guess I never succeeded at getting it to eat regularly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

VividSNow

Default Re: My baby frog died

I'm sorry to hear that...about a week ago my Red Eyed Tree frog was found dead...I loved that little guy, his name was Dorian. I live on a college campus and I normally keep a bottle of fresh water to refill his water dish daily, but when I wasn't home his water bottle got switched with one that someone replaced with vodka and I ended up filling his dish with it...the next day I found him completely dehydrated and dead...his tank mate, a tiger leg monkey frog was almost dead too, I immediately held his little body in fresh water and after a while he got hydrated again and he's back to normal now...sad times...How was your' tank set up? were there any loud appliances near the tank? sometimes if the tank is near a fridge or someone that vibrates throughout the day they can become stressed and stop eating from stress..also if they don't have proper humidity and regular lighting schedules it can stress them too.

charlamanda

[QUOTE=VividSNow;40720 his name was Dorian. ........ his water bottle got switched with one that someone replaced with vodka and I ended up filling his dish with it..
    Sorry to hear about your frogs, it's very sad
    Did you name your frog Dorian Gray? I like that name and may use it too, if you don't mind, I'll call mine Dorian II.
    This is the exact reason I never lived on campus. People rudly get into your $h1t and kill your animals thinking it's funny! It's not, just really cruel! I have heard many stories of roomates on campus doing all sorts of apaulling stuff to their roomates belongings and pets! Like giving them booze and drugs. A friends ginuea pig was killed when another student blew pot smoke into it's cage. My other friends roomate came home to find all her belongings out in the quad! Well some can be amusing!LOL
    I am so sorry that some idiot did this to your pets, I hope you find out who did it and and switch their water with bleach!LOL Only kidding, but it would be poetic justice!

Animalnstinct

Ahhh.... I'm sorry to hear about your frog. RIP Dorian

Scog

Sorry to hear about your frog, It really angers me that people can be so malicious.

Quote Originally Posted by charlamanda View Post
    This is the exact reason I never lived on campus. People rudly get into your $h1t and kill your animals thinking it's funny! It's not, just really cruel! I have heard many stories of roomates on campus doing all sorts of apaulling stuff to their roomates belongings and pets! Like giving them booze and drugs. A friends ginuea pig was killed when another student blew pot smoke into it's cage. My other friends roomate came home to find all her belongings out in the quad! Well some can be amusing!LOL
    I am so sorry that some idiot did this to your pets, I hope you find out who did it and and switch their water with bleach!LOL Only kidding, but it would be poetic justice!
    I don't disagree that people can be cruel and stupid, but there is no way that a guinea pig could die from inhaling pot smoke. I don't want to start any political arguments but the scientific fact is that it is not nearly toxic enough. It would suffocate from lack of oxygen long before overdosing on the actual drug.

Sam

VividSNow

Thanks everybody I appreciate the kinds words. Thank You, fortunately the water wasn't purposely switched it was an honest mistake. I would beat someone if they purposely did that I know of people that could care less about hurting animals, it just angers me.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Rocko, Im so sorry for you loss. I hope you dont let this put you off keeping frogs.

Justin..sorry for your loss..Im glad to hear it was an accident.

Rocko

Well not away from frogs, but babies are definitely out of my skill range at this point.

Thanks all for the kindness

charlamanda

"I don't disagree that people can be cruel and stupid, but there is no way that a guinea pig could die from inhaling pot smoke. I don't want to start any political arguments but the scientific fact is that it is not nearly toxic enough. It would suffocate from lack of oxygen long before overdosing on the actual drug."

I don't think necessarily it was "toxicity" or an "overdose", but when an animal is "intoxicated" in any way it can be very frightening. Small animals like rabbits and Guinea pigs can be frightened to death. I've also heard cases of dogs dying too. They simply do things they normally wouldn't, like thrashing in their cages or eating odds things, etc., which causes their deaths. I'll try to find a few articles related to this. I don't have any problems with pot smoking myself, to each him own, but don't agree with giving an animal drugs or booze, it's dangerous and frightening to the animal.

I am glad to hear it was an honest mistake though! If someone did something as cruel as that to any of my animals, I would have made sure they knew how PO'd I was!LOL
    Again, I am truly sorry for your loss. Please forgive the petty bickering!LOL

Scog

Charlamanda,You have convinced me that it could have happened. Small animals like that probably have an instinctive panic response to smoke, to protect them from forest fires. It's just that there is a lot of misinformation surrounding cannabis and I like to make sure people have the facts.

Rocko, sorry for derailing your thread. Please don't be discouraged, it was an easy mistake on your part and I'm sure you are more than capable of raising a frog from any stage. Raising them from tadpoles is fascinating to watch if you can get them.

Thread Information