Thread: Blue Bumpy frog & a couple other questions

TwiAly

Default Blue Bumpy frog & a couple other questions

Not sure what section this should go in, sorry if this is the wrong area. I was out buying crickets today when I saw a blue bumpy frog (please correct me if this isn't the right name). So cute!! Thinking about adding one to the mix. Does anyone else have one? What kind of care do they need? Habitat, habitat size? What do they eat, they told me just crickets, can anyone tell me how many and how often? What temp do they need? Any info would be great.

And on a side note. I have a hard time finding plants for my frog's habitats sometimes at my local pet stores. Would it be safe to use some of the fake ones from the craft stores and just make sure there are no rough edges and add suction cups to them?
    Also what other kinds of things can I use as hides besides the logs and rock type things you get at pet stores? I'd like to find some new things, but I'm always so paranoid about what is safe for my froggy babies.

Thanks
    ~Aly

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

DanikaMilles

Default Re: Blue Bumpy frog & a couple other questions

It's called Dumpy I have both a Blue and Green Dumpy. They like height so make sure the have plenty of room to climb. Normally recommended that it's about 24 inches in height. Base does not have to be large. They like deep dishes to submerge themselves in but not too deep. I have heard that 5 inches width and depth is good. I use a bowl that has a ledge inside so they don't have to be in the deepest part. Right now I just feed them crickets. Some people feed them wax worms as well. Be very careful it is easy to over feed these guys. They tend to get folds if they are getting over weight. I see this a lot.

Here is a website you may want to compare some other sites to be sure. I have not had my white tree frogs long. I am still doing some research. But this is what I know thus far. Hope it helps. I am sure there are plenty of people on here that will let you know. I do believe they have a care sheet on this site as well for WTF's

White's Tree Frog

By the way the frog in that picture is over weight lol

Thread Information