Thread: New pix of albino pacman and question

Eel Noob

Default New pix of albino pacman and question

I know males usually have a dark area under their chin but with lack of pigments in albinos do they still show a dark chin or any discolorations?

Reason I'm asking is this frog is 4yrs old and previous owner has never heard him croak but we both believe it is a male.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

SethD

Default Re: New pix of albino pacman and question

Quote Originally Posted by Eel Noob View Post
    I know males usually have a dark area under their chin but with lack of pigments in albinos do they still show a dark chin or any discolorations?

Reason I'm asking is this frog is 4yrs old and previous owner has never heard him croak but we both believe it is a male.
    No, males of albino or leucistic frogs do not usually show a discoloration in the throat area. Sometimes they do, but if they do it is usually just a sightly yellowish discoloration and not particularly obvious.

John911

I have never been a huge albino fan but that one looks great.

Eel Noob

Quote Originally Posted by SethD View Post
    No, males of albino or leucistic frogs do not usually show a discoloration in the throat area. Sometimes they do, but if they do it is usually just a sightly yellowish discoloration and not particularly obvious.
    Thanks. That's what l figure just kinda weird to never hearing it croak.

Quote Originally Posted by John911 View Post
    I have never been a huge albino fan but that one looks great.
    He's definitely my fav horned frog.

spec

Mine doesn't croak often, I've wondered about it having to be certain conditions. Mating season is the only thing that come to my mind. How big is this frog?

frognerd101

[QUOTE=Eel Noob;39591]I know males usually have a dark area under their chin but with lack of pigments in albinos do they still show a dark chin or any discolorations?

Nice. I had a baby albino and it was probably the best frog i have ever kept. it then had some disease and organ disfunction so it died. it ate anything i fed it.

Eel Noob

[QUOTE=frognerd101;39699]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eel Noob View Post

Nice. I had a baby albino and it was probably the best frog i have ever kept. it then had some disease and organ disfunction so it died. it ate anything i fed it.

Sorry to hear. I have had a few young frogs died on me within weeks of acquiring them.

jaguilar15

I'm thinking about getting one of these! Either that or an Ornate, just because i love the growth in size. Does anyone know if these pacmans are more aggressive eaters than pixies?

John911

Quote Originally Posted by jaguilar15 View Post
    I'm thinking about getting one of these! Either that or an Ornate, just because i love the growth in size. Does anyone know if these pacmans are more aggressive eaters than pixies?
    Pacmans are more of a sit and wait, but a few of our baby ornates kind of go after stuff, but nothing compared to the pixies of the same age. Across the board our ornates are a bit more aggressive than the cranwellis.

John911

Hey noob I dunno if this helps, but I just discovered nuptial pads on our albino. He's about 2 3/4 svl. We got him 3 months ago and said to be 1 year old by the previous owner. I'm surprised at how dark and obvious they are being an albino. Here's a pic of course.

for a second there i thought was ur hand
    African Bullfrogs, Clawed Frogs, Salamanders, Newts, Bearded Dragons,

John911

Lol no nuptial pads here.

Eel Noob

Quote Originally Posted by willtilian View Post
    for a second there i thought was ur hand
    lol

Thanks for posting the picture. I see what looks like nutpial pads but they're not dark like your frog's. I'll check again later could be looking at wrong area

Thread Information