Thread: Picky Eater

jessgies

Default Picky Eater

I recently found a gray tree frog. For about 2 weeks she (assuming it is a she since it doesn’t make any noise) wouldn’t eat anything. I had tried store bought and wild bugs. Finally, someone at work had some leftover mealworms (don't ask), I tried these, and she ate them. I tried giving her crickets again, but she won’t have anything to do with them, and when I give her mealworms she eats them up. She is pretty active, loves to watch me work.

My question...Is it ok for her to just eat mealworms since she refuses to eat anything else? Is there anything I need to do to the mealworms to make sure she is getting what she needs?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Picky Eater

A little bit of hunger will bring her around to other foods. Mealworms are not a good staple.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Greenlove

Default Re: Picky Eater

Meal worms have a hard exoskeleton. They are difficult for amphibians to digest, which is why they should only be used as a treat. They are also high in fat and could lead to obesity. Make sure that what your feeding is smaller than the width of her mouth. Good luck and keep us posted on her progress.

Thread Information