Thread: Reducing water reduce humidity?

Rocko

Default Reducing water reduce humidity?

So I have my White's in a new 20 gal set up with false bottom and waterfall, and planted with pothos. This set up seems to be working well for the frog thus far aside from the occasional waterfall cloggings which are obnoxious to fix, but unfortunately after putting a humidity gauge in the tank, I have discovered that the humidity is 85%. I have a screen top so I think the ventilation is good, but maybe there's more i could do on that end. My question is will reducing the water level under false bottom help to reduce the tank's humidity or should I go another route?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: Reducing water reduce humidity?

Its hard to see from your pictures what is going on in your setup but a simple waterfall in a terrarium is usually not enough to make the humidity go up that high. First I would check your gauge to make sure it is accurate. Also it also depends on the normal humidity in the state that you live. If your in an area that is already humid to start with it doesn't take a whole lot to get it to climb. If that is the case then try different substates to lower it. More ventilation usually lowers it as well.

Rocko

Haha yeah, part of it is living in Fl. I don't have pics of the new set up yet, camera phones aren't great for that. I think since November is the first month without AC my apt is just naturally more humid. I'll see if the ceiling fan improves things.

poison beauties

I would still bet the guage is off by a good bit. In a viv with a screened top your not likely to see that kind of humidity unless its in a greenhouse with no ventilation or air circulation.'

Michael

Thread Information