Thread: Oh Mr.Frogger, ir is it Ms.?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Oh Mr.Frogger, or is it Ms.?

Hey guys! Been a long time since I have been on here! Looking forward to getting to know all of you on here! So...when I got my White's he was a juvie, good sized but not a baby. Maybe 3 inch or so. John , how big was he when you saw him? haha. I have pics of him on my hand from then but I have tiny hands so he looks big and grown. Anyways, I have had him for about 16 months. He has grown some and fattened up a lot of course. I have never heard him call, never witnessed pads on his toes, but he is not as big as I have seen females get. So...my question is when do they reach sexual maturity. Can I assume it is female because I have never heard it call? Or assume male because it seems smaller? How old are they when they reach their max size? I tried playing youtube clips of other Whites' calling and he was definitely interested but didnt respond vocally. So, really all I did was give him/her false hope of froggie lovin. Sigh. The sex doesnt matter to me I was just curious. Thanks guys and God bless!
    God bless,

Laura

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

charlamanda

Default Re: Oh Mr.Frogger, or is it Ms.?

Poor froggy, not to worry I call to my froglets all the time and two bounce around and right up to the front of the tank for a better look!LOL One is actually calling back to me, but it sounds more like a dog with larayngitis than a Gray Tree froglet!LOL
    I read somewhere here that a frog reaches sexual maturity somewhere around 1 year, so I am guessing at 16 months it should be matured, unless it's manurished, etc. I am not an expert for one, but I am very good at recalling info read, so I am sure I did read this from someone with experience, I hope it's acurate I hate to give info that isn't. I am sure someone will chime in if I am wrong with more or better info!LOL

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Oh Mr.Frogger, ir is it Ms.?

Thank you for your reply!
    God bless,

Laura

Thread Information