Thread: Is it normal?

Milo

Default Is it normal?

My P. leucomystax and R. dulitensis usually stick at the wall. And apart from the fact that I THOUGHT they are nocturnal fails since at night where its majority of the time where I do the observation, the eyes are closed and they stay perfectly still.~ or is it because of the white light I use?

I'm sorry for so much question lately, I am relatively new in the hobby.

Thanks for reading,
    Milo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

charlamanda

Default Re: Is it normal?

Are you using a white light at night? or during the day? What times do you keep it on? Is the light on in the room or in the tank? These details may help answer your question.

Milo

Quote Originally Posted by charlamanda View Post
    Are you using a white light at night? or during the day? What times do you keep it on? Is the light on in the room or in the tank? These details may help answer your question.
    As far as I am nocturnal, the lights are ON through the night. lol. since the frog is on my study table, so its the direct white light, one more pendaflour on the wall for the table and another for the room.

and during the day I put the tank at the pantree, where they are exposed to sunlight.

now as I am typing it, it does sound like a bad idea, is it?

charlamanda

I am thinking that the constant light is or maybe confusing and affecting your frogs. They seem to like they total or near complete darkness before they start their party time!LOL I watch tv in the living room until about 1-1:30am, where the frog tank is and they remain fairly inactive, then lights out in the room and their tank. If I come in and check on them later on in the darkened room they are climbing and bouncing around, and hunting if there are crickets left in the tank. I think if you are awake at night try to keep as many lights out as you can or maybe cover the tank to give them some darkness if it can't otherwise be avoided. I think they will be much happier with a few hours of darkness! Good luck.

Milo

thank you for the thought! its really helpful. thank you very much! now I believed I have red that there are certain wavelength of light that a frog cannot see. is that true?

Thread Information