Thread: American Green Tree Frog care sheet?

Rae

Default American Green Tree Frog care sheet?

Hi I was just wondering if theres a care sheet here for "American" Green Tree Frogs? If so can I have the link.

Thank you =D

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rae

Default Re: American Green Tree Frog care sheet?

Seriously no one knows the answer to this

Greenlove

Well, I don't see one on this site, but if you type in American green tree frog care sheet on your search engine it comes up with a lot of info. I think a few of them were: allaboutfrogs.org, repticzone.com, untamedscience.com and anapsid.org. They all had fact and care sheets for American green tree frog. Good luck.

5. This member thanks Greenlove for this post:

Jace

There is no care sheet on this Forum specifically for American Green Treefrogs. However, their care requirements are very similar to Gray Tree Frogs whose care sheet can be found to the left.

7. This member thanks Jace for this post:

Rae

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    There is no care sheet on this Forum specifically for American Green Treefrogs. However, their care requirements are very similar to Gray Tree Frogs whose care sheet can be found to the left.
    lol thats why I was asking I was told that they are like the only 2 tree frog species you could mix because they take virtually the same care and greens only get .5 of and inch longer....

any input on this?

Jace

Regardless of similar habitats or care conditions, I would not recommend the mixing of species unless you have a very large setup so that each species has its own complete space within the habitat. However, I always keep species separate if for no other reason, it allows me to have more tank setups in my house!!

Rae

lol it was hard enough getting my husband to let me have 1 larger terrarium i wont be getting a second lol. If I can get more grey's then mixing wont be an issue we just wanted atleast 1 more frog (maybe up to 3) and it seems greys cant be bought in...or shipped to Ontario =(

Greenlove

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    lol it was hard enough getting my husband to let me have 1 larger terrarium i wont be getting a second lol. If I can get more grey's then mixing wont be an issue we just wanted atleast 1 more frog (maybe up to 3) and it seems greys cant be bought in...or shipped to Ontario =(
    I agree with Jo-Anna. While researching, that's all I have been hearing, DON"T mix species. Apparently, each frog species gives off their own kind of noxious secretion when they feel threatened, and that if you mix species, they will make each other sick.
    If you want more Gray's, then why not wait until next year and find some outside ?

SethD

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlove View Post
    Apparently, each frog species gives off their own kind of noxious secretion when they feel threatened, and that if you mix species, they will make each other sick.
    While it is true almost every type of frog has at least a slightly different type of toxin it is also true that many species have different types of toxins within the species depending on what portion of their range they come from. Generally speaking one type of frog poisoning other types of frogs with their skin toxins in captivity is only an issue with a handful of particularly toxic species, the north american pickerel frog being one example and fire bellied toads also being another example though not quite to the same extent. The north american gray and green tree frogs do not have particularly nasty toxins, often come from the same habitat, and can usually be kept together just fine in captivity given that they are also of a similar size and temperament. Some species are safe to mix and some are not, I would say the gray and green tree frogs are some of the species that can usually be mixed with one another without issues though.

Thread Information