Thread: Amplexus?

spooky

Default Amplexus?

Just wondering if 2 frogs of the same sex will, erm, amplex....? Go into amplexus....? Ahhh, you know what I mean
    I put both my White's into their water bowl while I tidied up their plants and one immediatly grabbed the other's waist and they sat like that for ages!
    I know I don't have correct breeding conditions (suits me fine!!), just wondering what sex they are. I've had them almost a year and am still cluless (although I know I do have one male as he's a noisy lil' thing at night!! Not sure if it's one or two of them makng that awful racket!!)
    Thakies!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mordecai

Default Re: Amplexus?

When we received our first two ornates, we took them out of the packaging and placed them in a large tub to mist them down. Immediately the larger one started calling and ran his tubby butt over to the other (male) and grabbed a hold of him. I was really surprised! Then the other male started letting out this cry for help! Jeff had to separate them to stop the violating. So, to your question, I know for a fact that you don't have to have a lady to witness some amplexus!!

Greenlove

Good question! I was wondering that myself because my frogs do this too, and they're only a few months old. They will sit like this for hours at a time and sometimes they will turn around and put their bums on each others head...LOL... I have no idea if I have males or females but I sure know that they love each other

spooky

I always assumed that if the reciever of the luvin' didn't appreciate it, it'd be vocal. But they both just sat like it for ages (I got bored of watching them getting amorous after 10 mins).
    I guess everyone needs a hug every once in a while

Thread Information