Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My FBT's and their home

s6t6nic6l

Default My FBT's and their home

hi all. my first post for showing you my FBT set-up and pics of the critters too.

click on links for finishing stages of build(sorry no pics of 'how built' was made)

and a quick video also.

cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: My FBT's and their home

I love it.. very cool pics. This is definately not your first setup. Do you have other frogs?

s6t6nic6l

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    I love it.. very cool pics. This is definately not your first setup. Do you have other frogs?
    thanks. yes first and only set-up i have and even built this with no prior knowledge of forums or build help. i just went for it after seeing and researching info on the toads.

Jace

Awesome job. I love the lighting and waterfall. Some pretty lucky toads!

Quetzacoatl

Great

firebellied zach

Awesome Setup!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Stopping by to help me redo mine? :-) Very Nice

frognerd101

Very nice job.

Is there anything else in there? i kept my firebellies in with a green tree frog and they got along.

s6t6nic6l

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Awesome job. I love the lighting and waterfall. Some pretty lucky toads!
    that is a moonlight LED lamp. gives a better effect than moonglow lamps

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoatl View Post
    Great
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by firebellied zach View Post
    Awesome Setup!
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DonLisk View Post
    Stopping by to help me redo mine? :-) Very Nice
    you bought air tickets yet? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frognerd101 View Post
    Very nice job.

thanks

Is there anything else in there? i kept my firebellies in with a green tree frog and they got along.
    just fire-bellies. fire belly & tree frogs have different temps/humidity/setup needs and should not be mixed anyhow. there is quite a debate on this scenario of mixing species. problems too many to mention here. but as long as yours were getting on well, then good luck.

ScumBum

Nice setup ! I watched your video and there was a toad waaay up on the top of the wall on the left . I like all the lights you have for the tank and the rock cave look .

dachshundsr4me

Hi. How did you make the fake rocks and the pool area. Is there anyway you can kinda give a run down on materials that will be needed in constructing a project like this. What size tank did you use as well. This is a wonderful setup and i want to commend you on doing such an awesome job.

s6t6nic6l

Quote Originally Posted by dachshundsr4me View Post
    Hi. How did you make the fake rocks and the pool area. Is there anyway you can kinda give a run down on materials that will be needed in constructing a project like this. What size tank did you use as well. This is a wonderful setup and i want to commend you on doing such an awesome job.
    thanks for that. ok. i get asked often about the build so i'll bore you with the details.
    now this was an experimental project using untried methods but will suggest the best options.

materials used: P I R aka celotex, grout, foam filler, pond paint, silicone sealant, aquarium sealant.

the "rocks" were cut out from the P I R and each sculpted to my liking then individually placed around the tank with the silicone, the gaps were then filled using the foam. the bottom area was divided using glass then sealed with aquarium sealant.
    the "bank" was made by building up the foam. the land area was kept clear upto the wall around the back and right side so that i could place the hydroton, mat spreader then the eco-earth which is all used for drainage and plant growth purposes. then the wall and pool was covered with soupy grout then again with a pasty grout covering. then using the pond paint was again given two coats(this paint is best used when covering the area with cement only).

tank size 30 x 12x 18"

SUGGESTED METHOD: carve out the gaps between the "rocks" so you keep the block in one piece and same again with the pool/ramp area so you won't need foam which is tricky to manipulate into desired shape. same grout method. any paint colour then a couple of coats using what we call G4 pond sealant or seal just the pool area with aquarium sealant(wear a mask). and the same if using any water feature.
    but taken with forethought and imagination you can achieve your "masterpiece" esp' when taking your time and not wanting it complete overnight (6 weeks inc job hours & planning/constructing project)
    the 2 slideshows in my signature may help a little for ideas and plans using the foam.

dachshundsr4me

Thanks so much...I will be sure to let my brother see this when i get moved and let him create something fancy for me. =) I know him he will want to be creative too so it will be his own masterpiece.

s6t6nic6l

seems everybody and the toads are quite happy at the moment
    posting a 1 min video update of the set-up to pass the time

http://s928.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=aedfe318.mp4

larry b

Quote Originally Posted by s6t6nic6l View Post
    hi all. my first post for showing you my FBT set-up and pics of the critters too.

click on links for finishing stages of build(sorry no pics of 'how built' was made)

and a quick video also.

cheers
    Great show

s6t6nic6l

Quote Originally Posted by larry b View Post
    Great show
    that's very kind of you, so i will give you a little showing of the pool night view now.
    and, er, variant species

http://s928.photobucket.com/albums/a...homevideo4.mp4

ScumBum

Nice videos !

s6t6nic6l

Default 4 pics of the critters

ScumBum

That lily pad looks like the perfect toad lounge chair . My toad started turning darker too and looks just like the one in the last pic .

s6t6nic6l

Quote Originally Posted by ScumBum View Post
    That lily pad looks like the perfect toad lounge chair . My toad started turning darker too and looks just like the one in the last pic .
    two of them do lounge on these all the time. there is two of them in the pool and they are ANUBIAS plants and they do well in here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information