Thread: Epsom salt bath for acf

budugly

Default Epsom salt bath for acf

need directions on how to do this, 1 tsp for 5 gallons but do I make a tank of it & leave him it for 5-10 days or leave him it for so many minutes for 5-10 days? some one here sais it looked like he had squishy bloat, there is a picture on here some where under a topic called frog all puffed up? he was treated for regualr bloat dropsy and it did nothing for him, took him to the vet, she felt him said no tumors or blocks, but said she couldn't drain fluids from where it was located in his dermis? I did the salin solution in a bag from her 5% saline it was 15$ and didn't last long enough, she said if that didn't work she said more than likley he was having a heart and liver failure like humans and retaing fluids and there was nothing she could do. he water has been tested and it was fine, although it did become really bad at one time about the time he was starting to puff up, I had gotten very ill and unable to do anything for his tank for awhile. But like i said I did the treatment that starts with the marcyn or something like that the 2 types together, did partical water changes after the treatmet, even got new filter system, got new foods that he won't eat and stuck with, my crabs won't even eat them! { livemeal worms & freeze dried crickets} i have had him 10 yrs please some one help me! even personally e mail I don't care, physcodelic63@hotmail.com sub box put budugly that;s his name.. I love my frog! A soon to be 48 yr old mother here is begging help me save my bud ugly! How I got his name? when he croaks or sings to me it sounded like he was saying bud ugly, so I named him that

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Epsom salt bath for acf

The easiest way to treat the frog is to put him in a plastic container (like Rubbermaid) about 3 gallons in size. Put a gallon of conditioned water with about a half-teaspoon of epsom salts. Water temperature should be about 72 degrees. Dissolve the salt before putting the frog in. Don't put anything else in the container. Punch some small holes in the lid for ventilation. Leave the frog in the bath for 1 hour each day until the bloat is clear. Replace fresh water and salts each day. If the bloat isn't cleared within 10 days, then there isn't much more you can do. Don't feed live food. I suggest Tetra's Repto-Min frog pellets.

Watch for any unusual skin discoloration which could be as sign of bacterial or fungal infection. Usually the salt bath will take care of this problem too.

I understand your frustration. Be patient and most likely things will go well for your frog.
    Terry Gampper
    Nebraska Herpetological Society

“If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.”
    ---
    Adrian Forsyth

4. This member thanks tgampper for this post:

bathsalts

Smile Re: Epsom salt bath for acf

Soaking in an Epsom Salt bath is one of the most effective means of making the magnesium your body needs readily available.

Thread Information