Thread: Help with red eyed leaf frogs

waeland

Default Help with red eyed leaf frogs

Back in february, I started purchasing the necessary supplies to build a terrarium for red eyed tree frogs. Two months later, I ordered two red eyed tree frogs. Unfortunately, one died in the mail, but the other arrived safely. A replacement for the dead-on-arrival frog arrived two days later. For three days, everything seemed good. But one night, I noticed that he was exhibiting strange behaviors and sitting on the ground. The next day he died. Being my first frog, I wasn't too surprised. I just didn't know how to properly take care of frogs. After one month of the replacement (Fribbet), I bought another (Speckle) at a local reptile store. Since then, they have been doing great.

Now the real tragedy. Two Saturdays ago, Speckle started getting grey blotches on his leg. Also, he seemed to be limping. I came to the judgement that his leg was broken or injured. The next day, he became lethargic. Hoping to save him, we moved him to a quarantine container. But, he wouldn't eat, and he eventually lost all control of his leg. On wednesday, he died. I was very upset.

Yesterday evening, Fribbet showed similar symptoms. He can move fine, but his legs were shaking, and his toes twitching. He also had similar grey blotches on his leg. He seems fine now, but I'm worried. Hopefully, somebody can help me figure out a) what I am doing wrong and b) how can I save Fribbet. Please help. I can provide pictures if needed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tony

Default Re: Help with red eyed leaf frogs

Pictures would definitely help.

Kurt

Sounds like its time to go to the vet.

waeland

Sorry for such a late reply, but everything is much better now! Fribbet is acting fine and is very active. This is great. However, does anyone have any advice on preventing disease. Also, I'm working on converting my terrarium to a live terrarium. Any advice?

Kurt

Keep up sanitary conditions and make sure the frog's enclosure is well ventilated.

Thread Information