Thread: New way to ship our frogs!!!!!

rcteem

Default New way to ship our frogs!!!!!

Ok, this guy does something similar to ship your reptiles but all of us will be under one account from what I understand. This means the more people that use him to ship our frogs via UPS the cheaper our shipping rates become. This is agreat way to help out everyone in our hobby!!!! Here is a mesage from he he wanted me to share with yall:

We were recently contacted by a member of this board about becoming a shipping provider because the former provider was unable to continue. Unishippers is a sales agent for UPS to small/medium businesses. We handle sales and customer service. I have agreed to start an "Association" program for Dendroboard members. The first two customers have signed on this week. Basically all Dendroboard members that sign up for a UPS account will be given 10% off of the UPS Daily shipping rates. This is basically the wholesale price. The total volume of all participating members will count towards increasing that discount to potentially 25% off. Members MUST go through my Unishippers office to take receive the association discounts for Dendroboard members. We require a valid credit card be kept on file and a signed letter of agreement personally guaranteeing payment for all shipping charges incurred. It takes approximately a week to set up a new UPS account. Once set up you will have login access to get quotes, create shipping labels, and manage all other shipping functions. UPS does require that live shipping items ship by one of their Next Day service options. The more members that sign up and ship using their account, the higher the discount. While waiting for the new account we can create shipping labels through our office account and email them to you for use. To request an account, send an an email to me at scott.bowen@unishippers.com with the name, address, phone number and contact person or call our office at 678-692-8891 (8 AM - 5 PM EST).

Thank you,
    Scott Bowen
    Unishippers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

poison beauties

Default Re: New way to ship our frogs!!!!!

I will probably hold off to see how that plays out. Too many issues going on with the shipping situations as of late. If anyone takes them on post it up and do share.

Michael

rcteem

Quote Originally Posted by poison beauties View Post
    I will probably hold off to see how that plays out. Too many issues going on with the shipping situations as of late. If anyone takes them on post it up and do share.

Michael
    Shipping with them tomorrow so Ill let you know!!!

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Good luck Chris. I may give this a go in the coming weeks.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

rcteem

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Good luck Chris. I may give this a go in the coming weeks.
    I talked to him for quite awhile...seems to be legit as long as people dont start shipping snakes...thats what stopped SYR.

poison beauties

Snakes or venomous snakes? Most of the herp hobby is snake sales. They will lose out if the dont work with those herpers.

Michael

rcteem

Quote Originally Posted by poison beauties View Post
    Snakes or venomous snakes? Most of the herp hobby is snake sales. They will lose out if the dont work with those herpers.

Michael
    FedEx and UPS dont allow shipping of snakes anymore...You have to have a special permit. Sad day if you ask me.

poison beauties

yeah I havent shipped a small snake in a couple years. All my venomous and pythons went delta dash. What makes snakes so much more of an issue? They are actually a safer ship. They can handle temps that would kill any frog.

Michael

Thread Information