Thread: Average price

goreptiles

Default Average price

My boyfriend has decided he want a giant pixie. What do they usually run for? I have seen anywhere from $30-$200
    I thought they were more than $100, but the $30 tag seems too good to be true.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jeff Kennedy

Default Re: Average price

Depends on what you purchase. If you purchase an adult male, then expect to pay upwards of $200 depending on size. If you are purchasing a froglet that is only about a month out of the water, then expect to pay $25. Anything else in between is indicative of size, sex, etc. Be wary though of what you are purchasing. Even though the market has become saturated with them over the last month, there are still people peddling the dwarf variations as giants and they are commanding the same amount of money.

goreptiles

What are some things to look for in comparing dwarfs and giant

JeffX

Their popularity has really ballooned in the last year or so. I can't recall how much I bought mine for, I think 35-45 dollars. I wouldn't go much higher than that.

goreptiles

Thanks.

Kevin1

Quote Originally Posted by goreptiles View Post
    What are some things to look for in comparing dwarfs and giant
    The giants if they're babies have 3 bright green stripes on them with a green to dark green background color.
    The dwarfs tend to be more brown with yellow-ish stripes.

jjmorton13

A local reptile specialty store near me (N FL) is selling babies, a little bigger than a quarter, for about $20. You can buy babies online for a similar price, but expect to pay $30-$40 for shipping. I purchased my sub-adult male (about 4-5 in SVL) from another reptile specialty store in central Florida for $45. I think I got lucky with that one. Good luck!

Thread Information