Thread: Hello need info on pacman care

Fool

Talking Hello need info on pacman care

Hello im new to the forums and I plan to get a pacman frog after my hamster dies. So id like to know some stuff about these frogs.So if any experienced keepers of these frogs can help fill in the blanks I have for these guys that be great thanks.

Do they require UVB light if so for how long and what type 2.0, 5.0 or 10.0 bulbs im assuming 2.0 or 5.0

Do they require supplementation like calcium? If so how often every day every other day? Does the same go for multi vitamins and calcium with D3? If so like before how often?

Whats best for them glass cage, mesh, plastic etc?

Best type of heating used, bulbs or UTH or other ways. what should the ideal heat be?

What are their feeder insects crickets, roaches, worms? Mice?

Do the feeders require gutloading?

How do they drink water? from a dish from misting or from what they eat what should the humidity be?

If I missed anything please feel free to tell me in the post you make because I once had a pacman and it died and I don't know why? I followed a care sheet from the internet so I hope this time someone can help me become more intelligent on them to prevent the past from repeating itself thank you Frank.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

EpicFrogMan

Default Re: Hello need info on pacman care

Do they require UVB light if so for how long and what type 2.0, 5.0 or 10.0 bulbs im assuming 2.0 or 5.0
    no they do not

Do they require supplementation like calcium? If so how often every day every other day? Does the same go for multi vitamins and calcium with D3? If so like before how often?
    use calcium with beta caratone once every other feeding or two

a 5 gallon tank is fine, or a large kritter keeper. make sure the tank stays at a nice temp at one side with either a 60 watt red heat bulb, or a side tank heater. Or if your room temp is nice just mist the tank and make sure you have a water dish for him you change alot.

You should definetly gutload your crickets with fish flakes and fruit and vegetables.
    How do they drink water? from a dish from misting or from what they eat what should the humidity be?

just mist them like i said earlier about the heat

Kevin1

Default Re: Hello need info on pacman care

No but shouldn't hurt if given shade to avoid it as they want.

I do Calcium every other day(depending on food source). and Multivitamins 1-2 times a week.

Plastic and glass work well. Screen mesh cages don't hold heat or humidity well and as a result wouldn't be the best choice.

Best type of heating used, bulbs or UTH or other ways. what should the ideal heat be?

I prefer a light for heat. You can use and undertank heater too though. A lot of people recommend slapping it on the side of the tank since these are a burrowing species. Although I think that if it's only on one side of the tank it should be ok, since they'll have an area to escape the heat as needed.

All the above and more. It is recommended to feed rodents sparingly. Too many rodents in the diet have shown to cause serious health problems and even death in the long term.

If given enough supplements, I don't think gutloading is needed. It shouldn't hurt to do so though.

Frogs don't intake water through their mouth to hydrate. They absorb it through other parts of the body. I believe those parts are the skin and possibly through their rectum. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here as I'm not entirely sure on the rectum part.
    A humidity of 60-75 work well.

As for anything else read as many care sheets as you can. This is the internet after all can't believe everything you read. John has an article here on the site on African bullfrogs. Much of that article can be applied to pacmans as far as captive care goes.

Good luck with it Frank

Thread Information