Thread: How to feed baby tree frogs

Rocko

Default How to feed baby tree frogs

What method do you all use when feeding babys? I feel like the pinheads are so small that i have a hard time keeping track if they get eaten or not. Unlike my grown whites, this little lady does not immediately attack the crickets as soon as they enter the terrarium. I'm sort of afraid to try and take her out and feed her separately because she is really jumpy and i would hate to lose her somewhere. Any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tony

Default Re: How to feed baby tree frogs

I just toss the food in, they find it.

bshmerlie

Default Re: How to feed baby tree frogs

About a month and a half ago a got two baby red eyes that were less than 3/4 inch. I put them in a small terrarium so they could easily find the crickets but they still didn't look like they were gaining weight and I couldn't tell if they were eating. I had trouble keeping the pin heads from drowning even from just misting the tank. So. I stopped wetting the paper towel to keep the pin heads alive. I only have one small pothos for them to climb on and that is it. I tried the cricket bowl idea but the wet frog sitting on top of them didn't work. So I put in about 20 pinheads on the dry paper towel running around the tank and its working great. Every day when the babies go to sleep on the pothos I lift out the entire plant with them sleeping on it , change out the paper towel and wipe out any dead crickets. I also check for poop and that is how I know they're eating. They've grown about a half inch in the last month. So try keeping it small and simple and look for poop. What goes in must come out.

Thread Information