Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from Atlanta GA

poison beauties

Default Hello from Atlanta GA

Just joined the furum and figured Id say hello to all. Im pretty new to frogging though I did manage to produce the first and may I say beautifull Reticulanzo's so Im hoping to take my newfound hybridization skills to the next level with other darts, treefrogs and toads. Im currently shopping for unusual or rare treefrog species. Ive lined up Annae, Lemurs and now Blacked eyed treedfrogs and a few Red eyed morphs. Cant wait to mix them up.

Michael

Jace

Default Re: Hello from Atlanta GA

Welcome to the Forum.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

You're a hoot Michael. Good to see you here.
    I used to think that I had to understand in order to believe, then I realized that I must believe in order to understand - Augustine

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Hi Michael, welcome to Frog Forum! There are a lot of dart fans here. Hope you enjoy your stay!
    Terry Gampper
    Nebraska Herpetological Society

“If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.”
    ---
    Adrian Forsyth

Chaya

HEYA! Nice to see a fellow GA member on here... i live in Kennesaw.

If you want a hard species try the Ulu's...they will keep you on your toes...i have heard from many enthusiasts that they are harder than darts at some points! hope to see you around often

Kalamazoo

Hi, poisonBeauties, Welcome, i'm new here too, and also love hybrids. I would Love to see some of your hybrids!!!

Nationality
    [United States]

Yeah, let's see some photos...
    I used to think that I had to understand in order to believe, then I realized that I must believe in order to understand - Augustine

Tony

I'm a closet hybridizer too, here is a sneak peek of one of my projects:

9. This member thanks Tony for this post:

Kalamazoo

WOW tony!!! Any eggs yet? will the frogs have a tail?

Tony

It's a secret.

Nationality
    [United States]

Looks likea one-sided relationship. The frog's playing hard to get.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    Looks likea one-sided relationship. The frog's playing hard to get.

Isn't that how it always happens?

poison beauties

Now Tony any idiot with two different species can try to breed them if they are close enough to the same gene pool but why? Name one reason Hybrids are neccessary? Anyone? A few of you know me and Ive been breeding herps since the early ninty's and in the last decade its been mostly Dart Frogs and Venomous Snakes and somehow I have managed to create 0 thats ZERO hybrids as its not neccessary. We happen to be in a hobby that produces such beautifull natural beauty that I have no clue why you would need to try and upstage it unless your after a quick profit through creating a new fad or through unnatural selective breeding. Many species are endangered in the wild and have pretty much ZERO chance of making it in the long run so why not preserve them the way they are. Hybrids lead to wrong ID"S and a few other issues like the fertility issues not to mention your mixing species in vivs which can lead to the transfer of parasites and chytrid if your not up to par on testing and treatments when neccessary. Think about it. When species start disapearing like they are NOW wouldnt you like to have them here as pure and accurate to their natural selves as possible instead of a hobby full of mixed critters? I asked the questions to the python breeders as well as Ive known many for years including the ones who produced some of the first BatEaters, Carpondro's and the lets not forget the Corn x Kings. I gave them all hell. WHY do it?

Im sorry if you guys actually belived I produce or try to produce hybrids.

Michael

Tony

The simple answer is greed. The first to create a hot new fad will usually pocket a bunch of cash.

16. This member thanks Tony for this post:

boabab95

Well said Mike and Tony!!!

poison beauties

So you support Hybrid creation Tony? Greed has no place in this hobby where we need to do more to help out the conservation projects and keep lines and site data availible for better tracking. I personally think people who do this are idiots. you hybridize cittters and I will mix words.,,,,Dont be a Hybridiot!

Michael

Tony

I think I have already made my stance on hybrids quite clear, just take a trip on over to the pacman section.

poison beauties

Just read it. Well said and I think a full out Why Hybrids are idiotic thread is due. There is no need for them. If you cant find a natural frog that you like your in the wrong hobby because next to fish we have the largest selection. If you can keep two species Im sure you can keep a third or even just pair them up with the smae species. Nothing beats Natural Beauty,.

Michael

boabab95

Just read it. Well said and I think a full out Why Hybrids are idiotic thread is due. There is no need for them. If you cant find a natural frog that you like your in the wrong hobby because next to fish we have the largest selection. If you can keep two species Im sure you can keep a third or even just pair them up with the smae species. Nothing beats Natural Beauty,.
    Agreed mike, nothing beats Natural. hybrids are just a way to make $$$ IMO.

SethD

So all of you new guys come over here to stir the pot about hybrids? If you want a squabble there is always dendroboard.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information