Thread: Fresh Crop of Magnolia Leaves

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Fresh Crop of Magnolia Leaves

The Magnolia trees have been dropping leaves again, so I have both freshly fallen (uncured) and cured leaves available. When the leaves are collected fresh and then dried without being exposed to the sun, they maintain some of the nice colors.

10, 15, and 20 gallon boxes available for $25, $35, and $45, respectively, plus shipping (typically $8 to $12 to residences in the lower 48 - less if you have a commercial address to ship to).

I also have live oak and dwarf magnolia leaves available. Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks,

Jim

Magnolia
    Name:  Leaves Magnolia 1.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  188.7 KB

Live Oak
    Name:  Oak Hammock 4.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  215.9 KB
    I used to think that I had to understand in order to believe, then I realized that I must believe in order to understand - Augustine

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Fresh Crop of Magnolia Leaves

Dwarf magnolia leaves are really nice, especially for a smaller viv. I'll post some photos later but the pricing is a little higher since I hand select all my leaves. It takes a lot more time to hand select 10 gallons of dwarf mag leaves then standard leaves, a lot more time actually.

Anyway, I can do the dwarf leaves for the following prices plus shipping:

~10 gallons - $28
    ~15 gallons - $40
    ~20 gallons - $52

Frankly, since leaves are so light, shipping 20 gallons might only cost $1 or $2 more than shipping 10 gallons, so your price per volume goes down the more you buy - but only to a point. Boxes larger than 3 cf (22.5 gallons) are charged based on dimension by UPS, which doubles to triples the price, so I stick to the smaller boxes.

I say approximate because I'm selling them in bulk and my boxes aren't exactly sized for those volumes, but if anything you will get more and these volumes are the minimum provided. I convert box size to gallons by multiplying the dimensions in inches LxWxH and dividing by 1,728 (cubic inches in a cubic foot) giving the volume in cubic feet. Then I convert cubic feet to gallons by multiplying by 7.48 (gallons per cubic foot).
    I used to think that I had to understand in order to believe, then I realized that I must believe in order to understand - Augustine

Carlson Class Of 1977

Hi Jim,

Are you by chance still selling the magnolia leaves?

We are having a Hawaiian Luau for our 35th reunion this year, and I came across a picture of a unique charger that I thought would be cool to use, under our Hibiscus flower plates. (I will attach a picture.)

Could you please get back to me and let me know if you still have these leaves. I need to make about 150 chargers... so I would probably need your 20 gallon box.... that would be several 100 leaves, correct?

Rhonda

Quote Originally Posted by JimO View Post
    The Magnolia trees have been dropping leaves again, so I have both freshly fallen (uncured) and cured leaves available. When the leaves are collected fresh and then dried without being exposed to the sun, they maintain some of the nice colors.

10, 15, and 20 gallon boxes available for $25, $35, and $45, respectively, plus shipping (typically $8 to $12 to residences in the lower 48 - less if you have a commercial address to ship to).

I also have live oak and dwarf magnolia leaves available. Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks,

Jim

Magnolia
    Name:  Leaves Magnolia 1.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  188.7 KB

Live Oak
    Name:  Oak Hammock 4.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  215.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mcqueen

Jim, I need about 10 gallons of magnolia leaves for an event I am doing. I need them to be nice and green on one side and brown on the other and I want the mini ones. How do I acquire those from you.

Thread Information