Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: African Bullfrog - housing / setup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Default Re: African Bullfrog - housing / setup

    wait was if we did the opposite and made it all water with a dirt tub which was deep
    African Bullfrogs, Clawed Frogs, Salamanders, Newts, Bearded Dragons,

  2. #2
    pixiefrogman
    Guest

    Default Re: African Bullfrog - housing / setup

    It also depends on the frog. If your frog stays in its water dish all the time like mine, it would only need a small area of dirt to burrow in.

  3. #3
    Eel Noob
    Guest

    Default Re: African Bullfrog - housing / setup

    Choice comes down to the individual owner. I like to keep frogs in 50/50 setups, gives them a chance to dig down and sleep for months on end if they want to.

    How I had mines


  4. #4
    Jace
    Guest

    Default Re: African Bullfrog - housing / setup

    I have something very similar for my setups as the above. I always give them enough soil to completely bury themselves...usually I see an eyeball poking up or a frog bum pressed against the glass, but otherwise, it sometimes looks as if I have a wonderful tank of dirt with a water dish. Oh, how exciting!

  5. #5
    Malachi
    Guest

    Default Re: African Bullfrog - housing / setup

    I am a fan of the large water dish and coco fiber. My frogs seem to go from A(water) to B(hole), not exploring or walking around much. Sit in water or sit in fiber. Anything more then that is purely aesthetics. Both water and dirt should be deep enough to fully submerge. Again this is my experience.

  6. #6
    Kevin1
    Guest

    Default Re: African Bullfrog - housing / setup

    IMO half and half is best. Though I also think you can change to be more or less depending on your frog.
    I set chubbz up in a typical african bullfrog tank coco and a water tub. He spent all his time in water. So I changed it to all water for awhile. i didn't see any harm in it. I do feel though that no matter what you do a water dish shouldn't be negotiable. I wouldn't use the repti carpet it doesn't hold humidity well at all for one. 2 It doesn't allow the frog any security and three it probably is rough on their skin as already mentioned.
    Even though they're is no drought in captivity, Brumating is something these frogs have evolved to do and I allow my frogs to do that.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Housing Fire-Bellied Toad with African Dwarf Frogs
    By froghobbiest in forum Fire Belly Toads (Bombina)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: November 13th, 2010, 04:39 PM
  2. African Bullfrog
    By jelkins in forum African Bullfrogs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 16th, 2010, 03:42 PM
  3. For Sale: African Bullfrog
    By DeMontague in forum For Sale/Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2010, 06:18 PM
  4. NEW African Bullfrog
    By allstarpsych in forum African Bullfrogs
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: June 30th, 2010, 08:06 PM
  5. African Bullfrog Help Please
    By googie in forum African Bullfrogs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 6th, 2010, 12:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •