Thread: Hello from Chicago!

Mattiez

Wink Hello from Chicago!

Hey everyone! My name is Matthew. I'm 19 and currently study history at the University of Illinois at Chicago. I was born and raised in the city, but I have a fond love for all things natural and wild. I've been going camping since I was born and have been an avid hiker since I could walk. Frogs have always been my favorite animal. When I was very little my family and I had two dwarf aquatic frogs. Needless to say, they're in a better place now (I totally believe all animals go to heaven).

About a month ago I received a firebelly toad, Frodo as a gift. The giver knew I was fond of frogs and included a 10 gallon tank and all the fixings. He's a very crazy little guy with tons of attitude. Loves to jump high up on his plants and pretend he's a tree frog. He stalks his crickets across the whole tank like a cat with a mouse; absolutely hilarious. I love him very much.

Recently when I was at a local chain petstore getting crickets for Frodo, I saw a leopard froglet in a tiny plastic container just sitting on the counter. They said someone dropped him off and they didn't know what to do with him, and that he was mine if I would take him. Because I love frogs, I took him with out question. Peter, as I've now named him, is the reason I first became a member here and posted regarding how to properly care for a newly metamorphosed froglet of his species. He has his own 10 gallon and all the proper fixings now. Though he's very shy, he's doing well and is warming up to my presence.

I greatly appreciate all the help and advice I've received from everyone here, and I look forward to becoming a part of this frog-loving community.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Hello from Chicago!

Welcome Matthew. That's the best introduction I've seen in a long time. It's great to have you here and I know we are glad to help!
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Nationality
    [United States]

I agree, a great introduction! Matthew it is great to have you here. Always great to hear about people's passion for animals.
    God bless,

Laura

Kurt

Welcome aboard Mathew.

Mattiez

Thank you for all the kind words! I'm happy my intro is well liked! If there's anything else you want to know or are curious about, just ask!

Thread Information