Thread: Completely wrong!!

Jace

Default Completely wrong!!

Elton the Green Treefrog has been calling day and night the last few days. Today, he started calling in the afternoon and I managed to sneak up on him...to discover that the one I actually named Elton (the smaller and darker of the two) was NOT the one calling! The one I assumed was female, is lighter and significantly larger of the two, was singing his heart out! So, I am now completely confused on the sexing, and I have no idea if the smaller, darker one, is male or female or what. Anyone have any suggestions?

The first picture is of the two of them together-the frog on the right is now the confirmed male. The next two are of the one that I have been calling Elton but is now unknown.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Paul Rust

Default Re: Completely wrong!!

Well that complicates a bunch of things Jo!
    Let us know when you get it sorted.

lnaminneci

Awww they are tooo cute! Well, Elton, one day might start calling and turn into a boy....

You are too funny! You might have 2 boys on your hands. You may have to wait til the other one gets a little older still young, and listen for it to call too!

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by lnaminneci View Post
    you are too funny! You might have 2 boys on your hands. You may have to wait til the other one gets a little older still young, and listen for it to call too! Frogsmile
    nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Wow, I would have come to the same conclusion. I guess the best thing to do is to start calling Elton, Ella and hope the two of them figure things out a lay a nice big clutch of eggs for you. Are they Green Tree frogs? If so, I could easily catch several and ship them to you for the cost of shipping if you want a better chance at having a pair.

Edit - oops, I just remembered that you are in Canada. How complicated is it to ship live frogs across the border?
    I used to think that I had to understand in order to believe, then I realized that I must believe in order to understand - Augustine

Jace

Lesley, it is kind of funny, though frustrating as all hang. Just when I think I have things figured out, Mother Nature throws me a curveball!

I am going to have to try and get some decent pictures of the smaller, darker one and see if I can figure it out. Keep fingers crossed!

JimO, thanks very much for the offer. I am not all that concerned about having a pair, other than the fact that I had two great names picked out and now I might have to change one of them. Shipping live frogs to Canada is more hassle than it is worth I discovered, but I appreciate the thought!

charlamanda

Humm, You do have yourself in a bit of a quandary, but it's easy enough to change names, it's the years of therapy you'll need to save up for!!!LOL

Jace

Ha-too funny!! Wait...do you mean for them or for me????

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Ha-too funny!! Wait...do you mean for them or for me????
    I'd say for them and you.

Thread Information