Thread: New to this forum

wesleybrouwer

Default New to this forum

Hi all,

i am new to this forum so i tought to introduce myself a little.

As you can see i'm from Holland, so my English might not be perfect all the time

I;m keeping frogs/toads now for quit some years,
    besides my love for those animals i volunteerly help out our organization,Dendrobatidae Nederland.
    I think much of you are already familiair with that

Since we started out an English version of our DN-Magazine where i mostly work on now, i tought it would be time to check on hobbyists in other countries as well.
    Dendrobatidae Nederland is a leading international association of poison dart frog (Dendrobatidae) enthusiasts and people keen on other kinds of tropical frogs. The association aims to promote appreciation of nature, and to bring about its conservation. Within these objectives, emphasis is on the rainforests of Middle and South America and Madagascar, and on the (poison dart) frogs inhabiting these regions in particular. To these ends, Dendrobatidae Nederland maintains close contacts with various national and international organisations, universities, and the IUCN, as well as providing financial support to the ProAves Amphibian Nature Reserve Ranita Dorado in Colombia, among other beneficiaries.

Our main objective is realised by encouraging captive breeding of frogs, in order to reinforce protection of frogs in their natural biotopes. An essential aspect of this process is spreading information relating to tending and breeding of Dendrobatidae and other tropical frogs among as wide an audience as possible. Developments in various areas are monitored closely, and if required, Dendrobatidae Nederland will take action to actively meet its objectives. Research into and combating of the Chytrid fungus both in hobby and nature settings is an example of such action.

For that we hope to get a wider network of hobbyists as well.
    It's nice to have professional contacts, but in the end the hobbyists are the most important in this hobby
    Since we believe that in every countrie certain habits got into the hobby,
    every countrie has it's good and bad sides on this.
    Main reason for our international path is trying to combine all of the good things so everybody can learn from different experiences.
    This way we believe to get the hobby to an even higher level around the world.

Anybody feeling like they got a nice article in it's pen concerning anything about our common hobby, please feel free to check if it is anything to submit to the magazine,

It's a pleasure being here and hopefully i can be of any help answering some questions around here as well.
    As i mentioned i have experience for quit a while and like to share what i know.

Regards,
    Wesley Brouwer
    Workgroup DN English Magazine

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New to this forum

That's quite an introduction and your English is superb. Welcome to the forum, Wesley. I've heard of your organization and your magazine.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

bshmerlie

Welcome to the forum... it's great to have you here. The best thing about the internet is the ability to share ideas and experiences in an almost live setting. I would love to see some photos of your frogs and their enclosures. Your knowledge and experience are very welcome here. Thanks for joining us.

jtay

Welcome to the forum

Jace

Great to have you here, Wesley. It sounds like you and many others are doing great work and are setting an example for everyone around the world. I can't wait to hear of your experiences and hopefully see some pictures. Thank you so much for joining.

wesleybrouwer

Thanks for the nice welcoming.

I'll post some pictures of some of my vivs and animals since that;s always fun to see for others ofcourse.

Some of my P.bicolor and their offspring, since those little ones look so stunning

My O.pumilio "almirante"

P.aurotaenia "green banded"

A.galactonotus "red"

Red eyes

Tree toads and juveniles

And another of my favourites

Paul Rust

Welcome aboard, I am familiar with your organization. I am looking forward to sharing with and learning from you. Your english is very good.

wesleybrouwer

Thank you Paul.

I had to search for some pictures of vivs i have but i found some.
    Some of them are changed again already since much of the plants need regular pruning,
    wich i forget most of the time
    I like to have my vivs well planted so i don't mind to have it wildered a little,
    my frogs don't mind as well i suppose

Hope you got enough of an impression on what kind of tanks i got

Jace

Wow! Your frogs, toads and vivs are absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for sharing!

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Very impressive, Wesley. I particularly like the Phyllobates aurotaenia.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

wesleybrouwer

Thanks on the nice comments

@ John
    I also think the aurotaenia are one of the most underestimated species in the hobby,
    unforunate not many breeders around here.
    Tough i found a 3rd line at the last DN kikkerdag in Nieuwengein, lots of English people were in Nieuwengein last Sunday as well,
    To bad they never take a table to sell off their offspring, they only come to buy,
    one of my bloodlines seem to be from England, but most find their origin in Germany,
    or so i hear.

Anyways , totally happy to have another different bloodline of them.

wesleybrouwer

Some new pictures i made lately.

nikki

hello wesley i just joined ff not to long ago and wanted to say that your pictures are amazing !!!

Thread Information