Thread: Pacific Chorus Frog Update

MeLissaS

Default Pacific Chorus Frog Update

Once again, I would like to thank everyone who replied to my first post concerning my Pacific Chorus Frog that was refusing to eat. I am pleased to say that for the last four days she has revived her appetite.

She has consumed more in the last four days then she has in the past 5 weeks. I did try feeding her crickets, and a small beetle that I found, but she is still refusing to eat anything but meal worms. Any suggestions on how I can get her to eat other food?

Also she has become very active again. Yesterday during her full tank cleaning I had to enlist the help of my 8 year old for the first time in monitoring her since she was refusing to hold still or stay put while I cleaned out her home.

Thank you again to everyone for offering support, I was truly worried that we were going to lose her. She is technically my daughters pet, but I find that I am the one who does all of the work and seem to be the one who is the most attached to the little one. I would hate to have to have a froggy burial after only having her for just under a year.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jace

Default Re: Pacific Chorus Frog Update

That is excellent news! Right now, I would just let her eat what she wants and make sure she maintains a healthy weight again. Have you tried hand feeding her or using tongs? I've had to do with some of my froglets who were being rather stubborn and they gradually took the cricket that way and then began hunting on their own. Thanks for letting us know how she was doing!

MeLissaS

I normally just dump the crickets into her tank, but I use tweezers when feeding her the meal worms so that I don't have to touch them.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

A little hunger will make her come around to other foods. That's how I got my Gray Tree Frogs to take wax worms.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Jace

Also try feeding an appropriate sized cricket with the tongs if you can. Our frogs can train us very well and if they like that extra attention, they sometimes don't want to do things the old fashioned froggy way! But yes, I agree with John-go a few days and then offer crickets; she'll get the idea soon enough.

Thread Information