Thread: White's Tree Frog Question...

ec0planet

Thumbs up White's Tree Frog Question...

I got my first frog a week ago, and for the past 2 nights he stopped coming out of his little hole in the back of the cage he made for himself. Prior to that he would come out every night & wander around the cage, or just sit around on branches. Is this normal, or is something possibly wrong? Thanks!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

keith123toad

Default Re: White's Tree Frog Question...

Hi
    I have read your concerns and would just like to give an opinion. I have whites tree frogs and always observe them everyday.My views are this,they always rest during the day up in the top half of the vivarium.They only come down to ground level during the night to bath and eat. I give all my frogs a midday spell (2hours) of a uv light(includes horned frog) they can take it or leave it by hiding but I have observed that my frogs have better colour ,look healthy and are more active.There has been posts relating to the dreaded neon spots illness .I purchased a whites frog a while back and the symptons were lethargy,staying on the ground and greeny neon patches.I use beaphar dienfectant on all my implements and vivarium cleaning.I buy still spring water for the frogs pools and cleaning,handling(moist hands only).they need spraying every day but not saturated conditions .observe the temperature and humidity and note that your vivarium smells good.Whites do not like stagnant and poorly ventilated vivs.This post is my opinion only.
    regards
    Keith

bshmerlie

Default Re: White's Tree Frog Question...

First, check out the care article on the left to make sure you've got your bases covered. Then post a picture of the enclosure along with what you've been keeping the temps and humidity at. Also what type of food are you feeding him and how often? It could also help if you could post a pictures of him. With these things the members on this forum will probably be able to tell you if his behavior is for environmental reasons or simply a normal "getting use to his surroundings" response. For example if his tank doesn't have enough hides...hell spend his first few days looking for escape routes then hunker down and hide the best he can if he doesn't feel secure. That's what I'm referring to when I say environmental. Post some pics and we'll see if we can help.

Thread Information