Thread: Pacman frog temp and humidity

nbamvp

Default Pacman frog temp and humidity

Hey i have a fantasy pacman and was wondering if i could get some advice on heating and how to keep humidity up. He is currently in a 10 gallon glass tank with a metal screen top. I use a red 50w heat bulb for heat. I used to have a heating pad that i put on the side of tank but it didnt add much heat at all. With the bulb it keeps the tank between 75-80. Humidity i try to keep it around 70%. Im sure the bulb doesnt help with the humidity so i mist prob 4-5 times a day to keep it up.
    Also i dont know if i should be worried but he stays burrowed usually all day i feed him pretty much everyday as he is a young frog. When he is burrowed i usually uncover his head and put the food infront of him. Most the time he will get up and eat, sometimes i have to keep putting the cricket or meal worm infront of him to eat it. When he does come out he usually hops around a bit then finds an area to burrow. I dont usually see him come out on his own, and he doesnt really use his water bowl. I led him to his water bowl once and it seemed like he enjoyed it stayed there for maybe 10min cant remember exactly and took a big dump:P.

I have only had him for little over a week so maybe thats the reason, I can also tell that he has grown since when i first got him. Iam just wondering if i could get some advice on heating and humidity. Also should i stop uncovering his head to feed him? I wanna make sure he eats lol.

Here is a picture of his cage. water bowl in corner under plant and i added a wooden tunnel he can hide under i slanted it a bit and covered the top with the substrate and added fake plants on top for security. He hasnt used it yet but i guess i just got it today. In the picture he is burrowed under the plants to the left of his wooden tunnel.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

John911

Default Re: Pacman frog temp and humidity

I've got a similar thing goin on. As far as humidity try wrapping some of the screen with some plastic wrap to keep some of it in. I cut some glass that covers about 75% of it and it sits under the screen. Maybe dump some water into the substrate and stir it in a bit. I also put my heat pad under the tank because it seems to do nothing on the side. I used a heat gun to check the areas and unless you pointed it straight on, it was useless. My tank also sits on a wire rack...so i'm hoping that the pad doesnt get too hot for him. Seems pretty good so far. Keep misting too. I dont have a heat bulb for it yet, but im working on it cause I dont think the ambient temps are enough(mid 70's) Someone recomended one of those blue moonlight ones cause they dont dry out the substrate as badly. Anyone have imput on that? Maybe a ceramic heater would be better?

Eel Noob

Default Re: Pacman frog temp and humidity

One thing I do with all my horned frogs (all still young) is take them out and let them soak in water for 10-15 minutes once each week.

What John says and maybe adding a larger water dish.

Thread Information