I am new to the forum... I have a bullfrog... he is about 1/4 lb in size... I raised him from a tadpole... well I had six tadpols and he is the only one that survived. I have him in a 10 gall aquarium with 1/2 water and 1/2 peetmoss with a chunck of sod over 1/2 of the peat moss area... its in a hump shape so he has a cave to crawl into with a peat moss floor. the grass is about 8" tall... so he likes to sit in it.. and chase the crickets up the grass blades. I give him between 2 and 4 crickets a day... and once a week sprinkel the mineral powder on them.

Ok... I have a few questions...

Is a 10 gall aquarium enough
is 2 to 4 crickets a day enough
does he need to get out and exercise his legs (i.e., jumping)

I was thinking about taking a kids waiding pool and putting a peice of sod in one half to make land. then putting about 4 inches of water in the other half with a filter to keep the water... add a lilly or some water plants... put a grow light above it 12 hours on 12 hours off... that would give him 3 yards by 3 yard to jump and swim... would this work... what could I use to make sure he did not jump out... I think they are only about 8" deep...

well any advice for me and my american bullfrog would be great... I realy enjoy watching him... even thought he is not very active... I think he likes to pretend I cant see him. as you can tell I am new to this frog thing... but want to make sure I am taking good care of him...