Thread: White's tree frog questions.

Dannyboy

Default White's tree frog questions.

I have a 37 gallon aquarium that I use to house my two white's tree frogs. I have a screen top I bought for it and I was wondering what type of lighting setup is best for tree frogs. Also both of my white's are never there natural bright blue and green they tend to be dark brown and the other sort of purple. What changes do I need to make in temperature and humidity to enhance there color??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Paul Rust

Default White's tree frog questions.

Welcome to Frog Forum.

I moved your post out of the Care Article section into the appropriate forum to give it better exposure.

IgbyKibbits

Default Re: White's tree frog questions.

Danny -

First, welcome to the forum. We'd love to help, but can we will need more information first.

What are the temps/humidity that you are keeping currently?

As for lighting, I use ReptiGlo 2.0 UVB on a timer (12hours). It's fixed above the tank.

Get back to us with those other stats!

charlamanda

[QUOTE=IgbyKibbits;35016]Danny -

First, welcome to the forum. We'd love to help, but can we will need more information first.

What are the temps/humidity that you are keeping currently?

As for lighting, I use ReptiGlo 2.0 UVB on a timer (12hours). It's fixed above the tank.

Get back to us with those other stats![/QUOTE

I too have a question about lighting.
    I am using the hood w/light I used for my fish. I bought it from a petstore chain years ago, so I don't have any specifics and there isn't any info on the light itself.
    I do remember that the packaging said it was for use in tanks with live plants and helps to "show" the beautiful colors of the fish.
    As I am sure most of you are aware, I have Gray Tree foglets and they love to perch in the hood and strap that is right below the light. They wedge their itsy bitsy bodies between the strap and the glass containing the light, about 1/2" or smaller. They all love it there either for the light itself or the warmth.
    Is this safe for them?? Do I need to find out more info for anyone to safely answer this question?
    Beleive it or not I still may have the packaging it came in, more than 10 years ago. Hummm! I may be a pack rat, but I like to keep the original packaging for things so I can store them when I am not using it.

IgbyKibbits

I have no experience with little froglets, but I would think (just as common sense) that if it was bad for them, they'd get as far away as possible just as a survival instinct, you know?

In other words, I would imagine they have a natural instinct to regulate their body temps/exposure, etc. So if they like it, I would imagine it's not bad :P

Just my guess though - so don't take my absolute word :P

Thread Information