Thread: Low humiditiy in dumpys tank

redeyedboy25

Question Low humiditiy in dumpys tank

Hi guys should I be concerned if the humidity is low in my dumpy tank? How do I bring the humiditiy level back up? The light im using is a 40 watt light bulb is that good enough and he in a 12x12x18 should I get a fogger or not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Low humiditiy in dumpys tank

How low is it? Is your frog staying on the glass or burrowing in the dirt?

I just have a nice size bowl in mine and I mist. The humidity stays at a good level.

Julia

Live plants help keep humidity high. Just make sure the plants are non toxic and before putting them in the terrarium wash the leaves well. When you mist live plants water droplets stay on the leaves...silk plants actually absorb the water while plastic dry too quickly.

daziladi

I covered 75% of the lid with saran wrap to keep humidity from escaping, and also use an air pump and a tube leading into the tank to keep the air flow up inside the enclosure. Using the 1/3 water setup described in the tree frog care sheet works wonders too. Live in Las Vegas so keeping the humidity up used to be a real challenge... good luck.

redeyedboy25

The humiditiy at night without the light is 70 in the day time its 60to50. At night he jumps all around in the day time he berrows into the dirt and sleeps never on the wall? I have a big water dish in there I mist it atleast once a day or twice and has a lot of fake plants on the wall

It doesn't sound horribly low. How long have you had him, again? He may be getting use to the new environment still.

I think if you cover some of the top and maybe put in some live plants, like others suggested, it will help get it to the level you need.

Thread Information