Thread: Pacific Chorus Frog

TheMaskedMan

Question Pacific Chorus Frog

Hello all, I'm new here.....anyone here have any Pacific Chorus frogs as pets? I have 7 I have raised when I found them as tadpoles in my cousins water fountain. Pictures are on my picture albums.

lnaminneci

Default Re: Pacific Chorus Frog

Welcome to the Forum

I have 4 Pacific Chorus Frogs. I find that they are amazing little frogs, very social and colorful. There are other folks here that have PCF's as well.
    You have a nice assortment with 7. How many males and females? Do you plan to breed them?
    Their set up is interesting with alot of water. Do they go into the water alot? I like how you placed the rocks and moss. You may find that they also like tall leafy plants to climb on and sleep. They like to have places to hide and feel safe and secure.

Again Welcome!

~Lesley

3. This member thanks lnaminneci for this post:

Jace

Welcome to the Forum. I am currently raising 7 PCFs myself-2 adults and 5 froglets. They are great little frogs with lots of personalities. My male, Yoki, loves to sing, though his timing (usually anywhere from 2-6 AM) leaves little to be desired some days! I would love to try breeding this species in the future-is that what you plan to do as well? Great to have another PCF fan on the forum!

5. This member thanks Jace for this post:

Paul Rust

Welcome aboard!
    I usually have a few on hand, not at the moment. They are great pets except the 2am chorus. I only keep females now unless I'm breeding them. Too bad humans couldn't evolve the trait where the female is actually quiet

7. This member thanks Paul Rust for this post:

Jace

Paul!! You'd miss the intelligent conversation after a while...after all, shadow puppets only talk as long as your keep your hands moving-and there are shadows!! MaskedMan-Paul is the expert on PCF on the Forum. If any questions come up, he is for sure the man to ask.

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Paul!! You'd miss the intelligent conversation after a while...after all, shadow puppets only talk as long as your keep your hands moving-and there are shadows!! MaskedMan-Paul is the expert on PCF on the Forum. If any questions come up, he is for sure the man to ask.
    Don't be so damn modest Jo, You have a lot of experience with these guys.
    Are you going to smack me for that comment too next summer?

Jace

Yes, but I don't have experience with breeding or tadpoles with them yet...but soon. And I'll be bugging you tons, then!!

And don't worry-I'm keeping a tally. You might want to come layered in bubble wrap!!

TheMaskedMan

Looks like I have 2 males and 5 females. They rarely go in the water at all. Only to chase and snatch up a cricket that falls in the water. I like the idea of vines over the water, i'll see what i can find in the hills. The frogs are from Modesto,CA. If they lay eggs i will raise the tadpoles and release them in my yard pond.

lnaminneci

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Rust View Post
    I only keep females now unless I'm breeding them. Too bad humans couldn't evolve the trait where the female is actually quiet
    Oh no you didn't!........ I strongly suggest wrapping yourself in bubble wrap.........

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by lnaminneci View Post
    Oh no you didn't!........ I strongly suggest wrapping yourself in bubble wrap.........
    Oh, hi Lesley.
    Did I mention that you look really good today? LOL

Thread Information