Thread: Wow! Confirmation and a musical all at once!

Jace

Default Wow! Confirmation and a musical all at once!

It is almost 2 AM where I am and I just received confirmation that one of Green treefrogs is a boy. As I was at the computer, my male Pacific Chorus frog starting calling-loudly-and doing his full call instead of his little hiccups like he usually does. Yoki, by himself, can be heard throughout the whole house. Then, to my surprise and delight, a second call came from the Green treefrog tank! For a full 10 seconds, both species where going, and they were loud enough to wake my better half up from a dead sleep! The Fire Belly toads in the kitchen were completely drowned out. I managed to catch Yoki's call on my camera...and I am trying to get Elton to call again. This is absolutely amazing...thank you to Yoki for helping me figure out that Elton was indeed a he!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Paul Rust

Default Re: Wow! Confirmation and a musical all at once!

Hurrrray!
    You really should find better things to do at 2 am Jo.

Jace

I blame Ebony. I was chatting with her and begging for her to let me get some sleep...

I spent the next hour trying to get Elton to call again, but no luck. I'm hoping tonight it will happen. Yoki is still calling on and off. And the GTFs sounded like a herd of elephants stampeding around in their setup last night!! Both were still awake and moving around when I got up, and out in the open, so that was really nice to see as well.

Paul Rust

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    I blame Ebony. I was chatting with her and begging for her to let me get some sleep...

I spent the next hour trying to get Elton to call again, but no luck. I'm hoping tonight it will happen. Yoki is still calling on and off. And the GTFs sounded like a herd of elephants stampeding around in their setup last night!! Both were still awake and moving around when I got up, and out in the open, so that was really nice to see as well.
    I take it back, that's definately worth staying up for!

Thread Information