Thread: New Albino Red Eye Leaf Frog

bshmerlie

Default New Albino Red Eye Leaf Frog

Here is my newest addition. Her name is Ministroni.(Yes I know the correct spelling would be minestrone). Her nickname will be Mini for short. She is 3/4 inch long and she in feeding on pinhead crickets and slightly bigger. I've had her since this last Wednesday. She is companion to Macaroni who is a baby normal red eye. He is slightly smaller but not by much. They are both doing great and when Macaroni poses for me I will post a picture of him as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Eel Noob

Default Re: New Albino Red Eye Leaf Frog

Gorgeous frog! Very nice pictures as well

charlamanda

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    Here is my newest addition. Her name is Ministroni.(Yes I know the correct spelling would be minestrone). Her nickname will be Mini for short. She is 3/4 inch long and she in feeding on pinhead crickets and slightly bigger. I've had her since this last Wednesday. She is companion to Macaroni who is a baby normal red eye. He is slightly smaller but not by much. They are both doing great and when Macaroni poses for me I will post a picture of him as well.
    My, What big eyes you have Ministroni! Congrads!! How big do they get? I can't believe how good your pic is since your new baby is soooo small. My camera sucks, I can't get a good detailed pic of my new Gray Tree froglet babies and there about the same size as Mini.
    Do albino frogs have red or pink eyes?(obviously these guys due, hence the name, I'm a real genius,huh!) My home grown bunny Darla has wicked pink eyes and a bad attitude she learned from her mother Binky. We refer to her as satanic bunny or vampire rabbit, she bites bad(she bit me last PM and I bled all over!) when she thinks she's going to be picked up, otherwise she's a lovey girl.
    Most albinos in the animal world tend to have some issues, blindness, deafness, etc. is this true for frogs as well? I hope not. Hate to see Mini and Mac with seeing eye frogs and hearing aids!LOL
    Here are a few pics of Darla as a baby, when she was still sweet and innocent, not transformed into full vampirism!LOL
    Congrads again, your baby is adorable and we'll be waiting for pics of Macaroni

Attached Images Attached Images    

lnaminneci

Cheri,
    Congrats on your new albino Ministroni! She is beautiful and love your name choices for your frogs! I'm glad to hear Macaroni and Ministroni are doing well. Keep us updated and I'd love to see lots of pics (I'm a picture freak can't get enough) )

Charlamanda,
    Your bunny Darla is Adorable! Even if she may be a vampire now...lol

~Lesley

bshmerlie

The red eyes of my albino look just like the red eyes of my normal Red Eye Leaf Frogs. So I don't think there is any risk of him being blind. I have an older Albino Red eye and he has solid cricket accuracy. I don't know if they are actually true albinos or just yellow versions of the normal red eyes. Mike Novy or perhaps Kurt could answer that question for us. My Xanthic Red Eye has a yellow body and white eyes with a black pupil.

Jace

Wow, Cheri-what a gorgeous frog! I hope she continues to thrive and I can wait to see pics of Macaroni and the two of them together. Keep us posted.

ruletka

Wow,she is stunning! Thanks for sharing your nice photos

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hi Cheri, Mini is an absolute cutey. Im not usually a big fan of albino's but you may have changed my mind. Your photo is awesome. You should enter the photo of the month. Thanks for sharing.

charlamanda

The red eyes of my albino look just like the red eyes of my normal Red Eye Leaf Frogs. So I don't think there is any risk of him being blind. I have an older Albino Red eye and he has solid cricket accuracy. I don't know if they are actually true albinos or just yellow versions of the normal red eyes. Mike Novy or perhaps Kurt could answer that question for us. My Xanthic Red Eye has a yellow body and white eyes with a black pupil.
    Glad to hear your albinos are healthy. Darla, so far, seems to be fine as well, but she's only a year or two old. My other bunny, Elmo, developed spontaneous juvenile cataracts and is blind. He has a dwarf rabbit, Thumper, as a companion we refer to as his seeing eye bunny. Elmo does really well for being blind, most animals in captivity that are blind tend to do fine anyway. Although I'd think hunting a cricket would be quite the challenge for a blind frog!
    I do wonder if frogs are "true" albinos given that they do seem to have color??
    Kurt/Mike any info on albinos?? This has me really curious.

Thread Information