Thread: Red eyed tree frog plants

redeyedboy25

Default Red eyed tree frog plants

HI just another question before I setup my tank what are red tree frogs favorite plants. what plants do the lay eggs on because I would like to put a couple of those in the tank too

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: Red eyed tree frog plants

I think Pothos is the best plant for Red Eyes. They have large leaves, grow very fast, they have strudy stems that can be draped as they get longer, and they are actually hard to kill. If you don't want to put soil and plant it in the terrarium you can just leave it in the pot and put rocks or moss around the base to cover it up. It is also the plant that many people use in a rain chamber when they are trying to get their red eyes to breed because it also holds up when its drenched. Remember they're not going to lay eggs unless they're in a rainchamber which would not be your everyday tank. A rainchamber type setup would be too much humidity for them for everyday use. Red Eyes need good airflow.

redeyedboy25

just a question how do you make a rain chamber

bshmerlie

In the Sonoran desert toad article John talks about how to build a simple one. But remember take time to get use to owning these frogs, their requirements, their habits and once you start to feel like you "really" know the species then really do your research and talk with other breeders to learn how to do it right. Going out getting your frog to lay a 100 eggs would be fantastic but it wouldn't be so cool if you didn't know how to properly care for 100 tadpoles and then 100 froglets and they all died. Take baby steps.

Thread Information