Thread: Ideal temps and humidity for Green Tree frogs.

Jace

Default Ideal temps and humidity for Green Tree frogs.

Trying to find out what ideal temperature range (day/night) and humidity for my Green Treefrogs would be. I am finding too much of a wide variation on different sites. Right now, I have one area of the tank kept at a steady 24 degrees Celcius, and the rest fluctuating with room temperature and a humidity I can't get above 55%. I think that might be too low. If anyone could tell me the ideal ranges and how to maintain them in both areas, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

brnbear

Default Re: Ideal temps and humidity for Green Tree frogs.

I think humidity should not be below 60% so you are not that far off, maybe try to add more live plants or mist your tank everyonce in a while.

Jace

Thanks Brandon. I do not have a good history with live plants, so I have not added any to this setup. I mist once in the morning and once in the evening, but I still can't get it past a certain point. However, I will keep trying!

bshmerlie

Jo-anne depending on your area where you live and the normal humidity sometimes it can be difficult to keep the humidity up in the cage. I live in a dry climate and with the airconditioning in the house it was difficult to keep it where I wanted....so I invested in a Repti-fogger by zoo med. It is very easy to use and maintain. I use a zoo med hygrotherm which is a humidistat and a thermostat and you can plug in the fogger and a heat mat if you want and it keeps your temps and humidity exactly where you want them. You can also program it for day and night settings. Petsmart or Petco sells the Repti-fogger but usually you have to get the hygrotherm from a reptile store which sells from $70-$100 US.

Jace

Cool, thanks Cheri. I thought of a fogger too, but I have never used one before. Might have to look at it more closely. I live in a semi-desert, so my house is always dry. We should probably invest in a humidifier for us, too!!

Thread Information