Thread: New GTfroglets, my have they grown!

charlamanda

Default New GTfroglets, my have they grown!

I've had these guys now for almost a month and they are all doing very well. I can't get over how fast they are growing though. When I took these froglets in they were mostly about 1/2" and some weren't even 1" yet and now most are at least 1" and very, very chubby..just they way I like my pets( you should see my bunnies..Whoa!).
    After their dinner last pm I took several pics of most of them who were more cooperative. The larger ones, which I have had longer, are very calm and when I scoop them up for dinner they jump on my hand...I really think they know now that this means it's dinner.
    Because I was side tracked over the 2..now 1 tiny froglet that's not doing well, I almost forgot it was a feeding day. I am feeding them every other day and they eat better this way. I passed by their "house" and they were all in view, very odd for them to be seen and bouncing around, and I then realized it was time for their dinner, but they knew for sure. When I was watching them in the "dining room" container and they were stretched out and moving around, I could really see how large they've gotten. I am very happy to see that they are doing so well.
    However, there are 2 smaller ones , that for what ever reason, are not eating as much or at all, still look ok, but thin. Since I have another "dining room" container set up with fruit flies, after I took out all the frogs that ate like piglets with crickets bulging out their sides(looks really freaky) I left those 2 in the cricket container for a while. I thought possibly they were intimidated or bullied by the larger froglets. I usually watch them eat and I don't see much fighting or problems, but I am not well versed in frog lingo and gestures to know it for sure. After a 1/2 hour or so they still hadn't gotten any crickets so that's when I took them out and dropped them in the fruit fly container.....and then success. I had to actually get more fruit flies for them they ate so many. Very happy to see them eat, glad I had the fruit flies.
    When can I determine their sexes? I am not going to name them until I have a better idea of which sex they are and more importantly get to know their personalities and quirks.
    Right now I have 9, but I don't think I will keep all of them. I am waiting to see how they adapt, eat or don't eat, etc. The ones that don't seem to be thriving in captivity I'll let go.
    So here are a few pics of my growing babies. I can't fit all the pics so I'll continue on this thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

charlamanda

Default Re: New GTfroglets, my have they grown!

More pics of the babes.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

IgbyKibbits

Charla -

They make my little Quibble look like a giant! Nothing better than little chubby frogs : )

Best of luck and I hope they all do well!!!

charlamanda

Thanks. I took care of these little guys as tads in my pool. They left the pool, I believe, in July so for only being a month & 1/2 old they are growing bigger and faster than the ones still in the yard. I'm a proud Mama : ). I am going to check your pics to find Quibble now. How old is Quibb's?

Thread Information